Monday, June 13, 2022

Baseball, Baseball, Baseball PART DEUX

 Another crazy busy week of baseball.  Here are some pictures and some sentences.  Enjoy.


We played Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday of this week.  Lots of good things happening, just not a win yet.  Our Thursday game was the best with 6 runs scored, held them to one scoreless inning, and were tied for a bit.  Andrew got hit in one of the games and now is very gun shy when batting like to the point of jumping out of the batters box.  Sigh.

  


Did 2 lunch time runs and one late morning run.  The heat didn't turn up until the weekend thank goodness.  I've been doing loops in the industrial park so that if I need to drop Boom off I can.  Saturday's "long run" was one of those situations.  He was starting to get a little hot and I took no chances and dumped him off before finishing my run.  4.5 for Boom and 6 for me.  I hate summer running.  Get ready to read that over and over till it gets cold again.  


We also started swim lessons this week.  Our summer is crazy busy and Miss Ali fills up super quickly BUT we were able to snag a few sessions.  Anything is better than nothing!!!  Andrew still isn't very confident in the water and we would like for him to be able to hang out at the pool without us some this summer with his friends of course.  God bless her so much because she is SO good with him and his squirrel moments.  


Tony was suppose to go to Fit Fridays with Andrew this week but he woke up with a puking headache so I went instead.  We had fun but I was SO sore afterwards.  We did a million exercises that you needed good arm and tricep strength and right now I have neither of those!  Here's to making this summer of Fit Fridays into some strength building.  


It was a weekend of birthdays.  First Boom turned 4.



What can I say about this dog?  He's loud, bossy, a pain in the butt, and very opinionated.  He also loves toys that crinkle, loves to give you kisses, and sleeps under my bed or at my feet every night.  We are getting in sync running and while he isn't Stella, he is a different kind of fun.  Happy birthday Boom boom pow!


Next up my kiddo!  We entered double digits!  While Andrew is SO different from me in so many ways and it drives me a bit crazy at times, I love his creative, funny, and sweet side.  He is the first with hugs and kind words, the first to draw you any kind of picture you might like, and the most observant (at times) kid I have ever met.  He sees details I most always miss and he amazes me with his lego skills and drawings.  Love you my ginger racer!


We partied out at the track post practicing.  We had a bounce house, water balloons, hot dogs and cookies, and a crazy storm that produced tornadoes all around us but nothing where we were.  


 We continued the party on race day with more cookies and fun with our friends.  Love that he has some of the best friends out at the track.  



Not having any practice for several weeks meant I had no expectations.  He ran some fast times, just had huge classes and of course wouldn't pass.   He had some back pain in his animal car, so he actually pulled off with 10 laps to go and called it quits.  Sigh.  Taking him to the chiro and hoping for some practice time before the next race.  Sounds like the motor was vibrating pretty badly and was up very close to the back of his fire wall which was probably not a great feeling.  



Have a great week y'all!  I am not sure what running is going to look like with the heat indexes over 110 and lots of baseball games but I am sure I will eek out something.  

No comments:

Post a Comment