Sunday, April 21, 2019

Recovery week 2

Love my lilacs!  They smell amazing!
I am calling this another recovery week because while I wanted to get back to some sort of schedule, my body had other ideas and that is okay.

This is my favorite yard in our neighborhood.  They always have the most amazing flowers!

I tried my normal Cross Fit on Monday morning, back squats and then a WOD including power cleans and shoulder presses.  While I felt great during and tried to really, really focus on form, I did something to my right shoulder that immediately starting hurting a few hours post working out.  By Wednesday, it felt slightly better, but I respected the pain and did not work out with weights the rest of the week.

smiling even though it was a suck fest!
I didn't get to run till Wednesday, and I did my one mile with Boom and Stella and then dropped Boom off and grabbed Deuce.  During my one mile, I felt fine, but as soon as we headed out to do 3 more miles, my foot starting hurting on the top (thanks ruts) and I just felt like an easy run was way too hard.  My heart rate was super high and even though the humidity wasn't that bad, I felt very sluggish and tired.  I immediately upon getting home scheduled another deep tissue massage with Trina.


I had cups, deep tissue, and cramps OH MY!  She worked out all of the kinks and I was excited to see how this massage helped get rid of some of the niggles.  


We also went to the track for practice. I had not been to actually see Andrew drive in person, so I was SO excited.  Except when we got there, he wouldn't do anything.  He would go out on the track, but he would barely go above idle.  My little speedster wouldn't race like he had been and we and the track dads were all puzzled.  Not sure if it was the fact I was there, or that tony had turned up the throttle, or messed with the shocks, or what.  Plus, add in the fact that the kiddo he had been beating had been practicing and was doing really, really good and was going around the track smoking everyone.  Sigh.  We finally got him going faster than idle, but still not the kiddo we had previously had in the car.  AH, the mind of a 6 year old.  He has done this in pretty much every sport we have tried.  We start out great or at least on par, and then we slowly deteriorate as the season goes on (i.e. wrestling, going from attempting take downs to not even getting close to the opponent).  It has to be mental for him, and I am not sure how to help him other than not do sports or anything scary (not the answer just putting that out there).  Unfortunate for him, we have already paid our dues and spent quite a bit of money investing in this sport, so he is going to have to tough it out this season and learn to overcome and then we can re evaluate.  I am hoping we can get more practice time and try and cure these mental demons, because he went from the kid to beat in novice to the kid that will probably be pulled every race.  I had hoped we had found that sport that fit him the best, but the jury is still out.  Stay tuned.  


Happy Easter!!!!  Went on a short 4 mile easy run with the dogs.  Oneish mile for Boom and 3 miles for Deuce and Stella.  Had to stop and take a picture with the beautiful tulips in City park.  The top of my right foot still hurts so not sure what to do. Everything just feels a little off, nothing really hurts but that foot.  It ONLY hurts when I run, doesn't even bother me when I walk so I am wondering if now my foot is hitting something in/on my shoe.  I will take another rest day and try again next week and re evaluate.  


Have a great weekend and see you next week!  Hopefully I can solve this mystery of my right foot and do 2 cross fit work outs this week.  Keep your fingers crossed for  me!  While I am in no hurry to get back on a training plan, my little Type A brain has been going a little nuts without some structure in my life.  



4 comments:

  1. I have no answers about your foot but hopefully a little rest will easy the pain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Trina really couldn't find anything to work on in that area so we are both really puzzled as to what it is and why it is hurting.

      Delete
  2. That's a bummer on the foot! I have had some instances where the top of my foot will feel kind of achy when there's pressure on it (like from a shoe that may be tied too tight?). Maybe a little bit of ice? It's a really bony part of the foot, so there aren't any muscles to massage around it for relief. Ugh. Hope your is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope it is something simple like that!

      Delete