Friday, March 29, 2019

March Runfessions

I really didn't have anything to runfess last month (shocking!), so I skipped, but I have a few things to get off of my chest this month so here goes!


Tony and I are coaching 7-8 year old baseball this year and I runfess I am excited/scared.  Luckily we can draft kids, so kids that are new to baseball and are Andrew's friends will be on our team!  Going to try and get many of the kiddos we had in T ball, since we already know them and their parents are cool and fun to work with.  Those dads all stepped up and helped coach as well and that is what we will need, a tribe of coaches and cool parents that just want to have fun. EDIT:  The draft was last night and we got all of the kiddos we wanted but one, YIPEEEE!!!!


I runfess that Andrew seems to have turned a corner with his focus.  OR, I runfess that the last meeting we had with his teachers where we absolutely refused to medicate him unless absolutely necessary changed their opinion of him.  We had all agreed to try consequence with him when he goes into his daydream/ not listening state and that seems to be working.  Not going to lie, he is already an expert at working whatever situation he is in in his favor, so I wouldn't doubt yet again a lot of his daydreaming/not listening is an avoidance tactic.  We already learned that he was/is going to breakfast in the morning at school to avoid extra hand writing practice that they do first thing in the classroom.  Sigh.  He is going to be a wily one when he gets older.  Either way, his report card was really good at parent teacher conferences, other than reading which he is getting extra help with anyway.  He did have a 1 in music, but since he takes outside music lessons and does really, really well in those, I am not going to worry about it.

I runfess that I am really worried about Tony's father and family.  They live in Venezuela and things have gotten really, really bad down there.  We are trying to figure out a way to support them and get them food and medicines that they desperately need, but a lot of the avenues we have looked at don't seem promising.  Most of these issues are their own government, but our government is imposing sanctions on their government and banking that seem to be harming the common people more than anything.  It's a big huge mess and we just want them to have food and not be starving or sick.  Please if you pray or send good vibes or whatever, send some down to the good people in Venezuela.



That's all from me right now!  I am sure I will have more next month post my trail marathon and start of ball season!  I love doing the runfession link up with Marcia at Marcia's Health Slice, so join me and other bloggers and runfess to your heart's desire!

18 comments:

  1. Coaching kids sports teams takes lots of patience! Good luck to you all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I can't wait to see how this season turns out!

      Delete
  2. The situation in Venezuela is very scary! Praying for your family there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the prayers! We are very, very worried!

      Delete
  3. Sending prayers to your family in Venezuela!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great news about your son! And best of luck with your baseball team! I'll be thinking of your family and keeping you in my prayers ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I am so relieved! I am hoping we don't ever have to medicate and that we can continue to find ways to help him.

      Delete
  6. Coaching kids sports is a big undertaking - it's so great that you are doing that. Gosh, the situation in Venezuela is so heart-breaking -- and scary to think how quickly corruption can pull the rug out from under a whole economy. Prayers for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. good luck with your baseball team! great that you got most of the kids you wanted on the team!

    I'm sorry to hear about Tony's family in Venezuela. It is a horrible situation. I hope they stay safe and ok.

    I have to runfess that I have commented on your blog from the link up several times and it seems you don't comment on mine. I don't know if that's on purpose or you can't find my link (it's on the link up) or you don't have time, etc. It's not a big deal in the grand scope of things but let's just say it doesn't feel great to not have reciprocation. So it's ok if you don't, or if you don't respond or whatever, I just wanted to put it out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your honesty in your frustration. I honestly wasn't doing it on purpose and will try and be better about posting.

      Delete
  8. Things in Venezuela are so tense right now. I can't even imagine what Tony's family is going through but I hope it is resolved safely and peacefully very soon. Thanks for runfessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Okay this comment may come through as a triple comment but it's doing weird things on my screen so thank you so much for the prayers and thank you so much for hosting the link up!

      Delete
  9. Thanks for hosting the link up and for the prayers!

    ReplyDelete