Monday, June 29, 2020

Week 8: Training for the Hawk 50


How about a sentence or two per picture post for this week?  I love these because I usually get lots of great photos on race day and during my runs.


Donny Reed takes amazing photos.  This was right before Andrew passed both of the top cars to take first.


Porch beers with my BRF and Ebby to finish out a rest day while the boys are at football practice.


4 miles to start out the running week and I think I broke him.


WE FINALLY GOT A TRAILER!  Now we can all travel in the same car to races and take BOTH cars!



6 miles before my BNI meeting at 7:30.  What a beautiful sky!



8 miles on Thursday and we had a friend!  Stole Robin's photos because mine sucked!


Did my long run on friday so I could have the weekend free.  2 miles with Rockin Robin who is doing the 4 x 4 x 48 to celebrate her upcoming birthday, the rest on my own.  Let me just tell you, not getting enough sleep AND not eating a real dinner the night before made for a very painful long run.  


Post run I was super grumpy and hungry so I took myself to breakfast and had some breakfast beirocks on the patio at The Friendship House. 


Took a car from this....


To this in just a few days.

Cars loaded, now time to load all of the STUFF!


We borrowed an RV for the weekend and while driving it was scary with the Kansas winds, having AC and food and drink at our fingertips was SO nice.  Plus, we didn't get done racing till super late saturday night,  so having a bed right there to collapse in was again super duper nice rather than driving an hour.


New car, no practice, NO PROBLEM!  4th in the heat with 5 laps of practice and 3rd in the feature!  Still have lots to do to get this car ready but SO thrilled with him going out and trying and doing something hard.  Not his MO at all!


Post race fireworks and scootering.  That is what it is all about!


Exhausted.  No one wanted to get up the next day :)


Day 2!  Let's do this!


Trading cards.  This pretty much happened all weekend.  LOVE IT!  Making new friends is super important to me.


Struggling with nerves all weekend, but managing some smiles and some good times. We got a 7th out of 9 in the heat and a 6th out of 9 with two passed cars in the feature for his Jr Honda car.  I am looking for small victories since we are dealing with some nerves.  Didn't finish the heat in his Jr Animal car due to a broken part, but thanks to the track dads for figuring out what was broken and putting it back together so he could attempt the feature.  Ended up lifting (two tires coming up off of the track out of a turn) multiple times, and it scared him so he pulled himself off.  Nothing wrong with self preservation even though he only had 6 laps to go.  We will work on it and be better next time!  


HOME!  Exhausted and hungry, but home and unpacked:)  I was suppose to get an 8 mile run done but by the time we got home and settled there was no way I was going back out in the heat for 2 hours.  Not crying over split milk this time.  Resting, getting ready for some high mileage, and a week of family.  








No comments:

Post a Comment