Monday, August 29, 2022

Go AWAY Summer!

 Let's go sentence per picture because I am super behind right now in life in general.


First week of pads and helmets.  Still doesn't really like tackling, but will block all day.  Go figure.




Lot of nights spent at the practice field for the next few months and I wouldn't want it any other way.


Only two runs this week and no real long run like I had hoped.  I am SOOOOOO over summer heat and humidity.  Just looking ahead to my race weekend, 90s and high humidity.  Sigh.  When I wake up early and it's 70s with 96 percent humidity, my lack of desire to push myself hits an all time high.



Spent most of the day Saturday working on cars.  We want to end the season on a high note, but finding the time to do so is proving to be difficult.  


Okay this is more than a sentence so forgive me.  I am so dang proud of Andrew.  We have had 0 time to practice or work on cars, so we are really flying by the seat of our pants.  At the last race his brakes went out in his red car and he won a heat race in his white car so a tale of a high and a low.  This week we had multiple heats again and Andrew drew pole in his white car.  Well, he held on as long as he could before 2 very fast kids caught up to him.  I will take a 3rd place in heat one because that means inside row P5 for the feature.  In both cars changes were made that didn't help in the feature, so he ended up next to last in animal and 7 out of 9 in Senior Honda thanks to two mistakes that got him shuffled back after battling for a 3rd place spot early on.  Again, broken record, as long as he is trying and not giving up and wanting to be out there, I will take it.  He even told me at bed time he wanted to focus on racing and not do any other sports.  I love it, but I feel like he needs at least one other sport to help him stay balanced.  Yes, racing season is super long and encompasses two sports seasons, but I do feel he can at least do both racing and football in the fall. In the spring I wouldn't mind focusing on solely racing and forgetting about baseball.  It kills me to write that, but I feel like he could have a future in football in middle school/high school (not so much in baseball).  


Next week is the race and I am woefully unprepared.  I am sure we will be fine as my body has completed many half marathons.  The weather reports don't look great, highs in the 90s so Boom may be a no go.  Sigh. I hate summer.  I wish it would go AWAY!










No comments:

Post a Comment