Monday, October 24, 2022

Last home game/race/bit of my sanity

Maybe?

Every time I think things can't get worse than previous events, life goes, hold my beer.  I honestly can't believe people are acting the way they are over a 12 dollar piece of plastic and a youth sport.  We have two more races, one of which we aren't attending due to football and my 40 over 40 gala, one of which we are (100 lap race) and the banquet.  Then we start planning for the 2023 season with the new board of officers. I am still not sure I can continue this constant attack for the next 2 years as secretary, so I have to really think if this is what I want to do to myself mentally.  What makes me sad is that people are acting in a way in front of others that causes them to look so amazingly bad and they are blinded by this.  They are good people deep down, but because of their insane actions, others are completely turned off to their agenda.  All I can do is feel good that I have done my job, I have made something that was good even better, and I can walk away knowing whomever takes over will have a much better starting point than when we did 2 years ago.  We have made some amazing additions to our race track and to our club and I can't wait to see what new blood does to make that even bigger and better than it is now.  



I ran twice this week and that was all I got in.  I ran a 4 and a 3 with Mr. serious and the weather was glorious. I am so pumped for real fall and winter running.  I feel almost weightless running when it's colder outside.  I also am looking forward to having my long run weekends back when football and racing are done.  


We played our biggest rivals of the year, the Rock Creek Mustangs.  They are a school right down the road and many of the kids that play for their teams play with our kids on various sports teams like wrestling and baseball.  The game was very tense at first as neither offense could get going, but some mistakes by them and some special teams scores helped wake our team up.  Andrew got some playing time on offense and defense and we won the league championship!!!!!  Now on the tournament in Lawrence in November.....which is the same weekend as my 25k.  I am not making any decisions yet on whether I will race it or not until I see a schedule for the tourny.  




I also had my gala Saturday night for the 40 over 40 project.  It was also the weekend of the opening of Nakita's (photographer) new place in her new space and she was doing an open house/gala.  I had originally thought that Andrew and Tony were going to be at the track for the end of the pumpkin race, so I asked my BRF Robin to go with me and be my family for the night.  She looked amazing and we loved getting dressed up even if our feet hurt like hell by the end of the night.  I had my hair done at a local salon, tried to do my own make up (fail), borrowed the perfect dress from my mom, and bought shoes and jewelry at the last minute at Target.  I think we both looked so cute and while I am not fond of the heels I purchased, we had a good time looking at all of the pictures and reading everyone's stories.  If you haven't had a professional photographer take your pictures, you NEED to!  Splurge on yourself because it was an amazing experience and I loved the pampering.



Sunday was the final race day for the 2022 season.  We have a weekend where we do a pumpkin race where the kiddos race regular classes and get pumpkins as their prizes and then we do a 100 lap shoot out for just the Honda classes where the kids get trophies.  It's a big weekend and a big money maker for our club.  We missed Saturday thanks to football and the gala and we had big plans for racing on Sunday. Except mother nature had other plans for us that included 40 mph cross winds on the interstate.  My hubby didn't think it was much fun pulling the trailer in those cross winds, so we turned around and dropped the trailer and headed to the track to work and have fun.  I won't say it was fun at all because see very first paragraph. I am thoroughly embarrassed at how adults are acting lately and honestly I think we need to start videoing them so they can watch the play back to truly understand how bad they look to others.  Even if they have good ideas or good points, they are being buried in the delivery/actions and turning off the majority to their agenda.  It's pretty bad that our own club doesn't want a visiting club to have a good time and actually get their monies worth and be flexible to allow all to race.  What does that say about us?  Change isn't always fun, but being able to pivot to benefit all shows that we care.  I guess if we had a chance to race somewhere else or race nationally, we would and just not even come to our club or club races anymore.  It's gotten that bad.  BUT my kid isn't on that level yet so we will keep showing up, keep putting up with the bullshit, and hopefully get him to a point were we can travel and do our own thing.  



Have a great week y'all!  I am certainly going to try my hardest!






No comments:

Post a Comment