Monday, February 10, 2020

Week 10: Back to the beginning?

I really love looking back on my blogs to figure out where things started and then figure out the why.  When I blogged about running my dogs in dog agility, the blog became a very useful resource in going back and figuring out when problems started or bar knocking started.  That was always useful for us to then pinpoint what was going on at that time.  Examples were like the time miller jumped in the back of the van and the crate door wasn't opened ,so he fell out backward which was possibly the start of his groin issues that later plagued us at nationals.  Last night I wanted to go back and look and see when I first mentioned any pain in my hammy.  I found entries as far back as the first of December with me mentioning pain and possible hammy.  Sigh.  Why didn't I stop then?  Why did I instead just keep plugging along and try and ignore this or try to keep running?  WHY does this happen every time I get injured?   I did run through my PF and while it was painful, my PF also finally resolved so I guess I have false confidence? This week is going to be short and sweet and to the point.

i think some one is ready for racing season
Monday:  6 mile run.  I did this run pure out of stubbornness.   I thought by running on a softer surface, I could mitigate the pain.  I was wrong.  By Monday night I was in enough pain that I couldn't sleep.  Reality really set in that this is probably a really dumb thing to run through.  Yes, I know there will be other races, but this one was special.  I was going to run with my trail sisters and maybe even convince rockin robin to do the full.  Plus I was going to add to my buckle collection and have a full and a 50 buckle from the same race.  Sigh. I guess at this point we are both out of spring races.  :((  This was also Andrew's first night of Level 2 wrestling on Monday nights.  He was instructed to work hard and learn some new moves and be a good partner to his wrestling partner Blake.  He did check all the boxes and we are SUPER proud!.


Tuesday:  Rest day and PT.  Andrew found a walking stick on the way to school so now we have to have it every.damn.day.  That's fine going but coming back I get to tote the thing plus usually two bags of dog poop.  Fun.

can I come cuddle with you:)
Wednesday:  Chiro day.  I was ready to lay my soul out and tell her how bad I was hurting and be 100% honest about my pain level.  She still thinks it is my back and it is nerve related as it responds to the nerve flossing.  We also did an adjustment and cupping of the nerve, and added some more exercises to my list.  Doing all exercises at 10 reps each takes me about 20-25 minutes currently. I am trying to do them slow and correctly. I think there are SO many exercises I just rush through in strength training that I am probably doing wrong just to get through them and get through my day.  That has always scared me because even something as simple as a squat or in my case a glute bridge can be done wrong and in fact cause harm.  My only issues right now are, are we 100% sure this is nerve, what is actually pissing off the nerve, and how can I get out of pain 24/7?

yeah for recognition of our hard work at work!

Thursday:  PT and pain.  I am in that phase of my injury where I am reading and absorbing everything I can to try and figure this out.  Right now my favorite Youtube channel is Bob and Brad two PTs that are in Minnesota that do daily youtube videos.  They have tons on sciatica and I am watching and taking notes (while I sit on my ice pack and take my advil).  I have already incorporated some of their pain relieving exercises into my day and they do help, even briefly.  I am also doing lots of research on diagnosis.  I have found that MRIs can be helpful in these situations and I am telling you if the pain doesn't lessen in the next few days, I will be going to my normal DR for a referral to whomever I need to see to get an MRI.  Everything I have read said that it can help with diagnosis  of the exact issue if there is a muscular component or a tear or a break.  I would rather know if bad things are going on in there and get it fixed than sit in pain day after day.


Friday: PT and a little less pain.  Still having pain in my sit bones.  Trying to sit on pillows so the sit bones aren't on the seat.  I also got a sleeve for my upper leg to try and help with the pain as well. 

the front.  More on the sides and back
Saturday:  We had a lazy day of watching movies and working on math and V day boxes.  Last year they did their boxes in class but this year we were instructed to do them at home.  Andrew wanted a sonic themed box so we printed out pictures, he colored them, and I cut them and pasted them on the box.  The glue we had wasn't holding, so we had to tape most everything.  I think we used a whole roll of tape in the process LOL!!!!  I did take a day off of PT exercises just to rest my body.  I hope it helps.

Sunday:  Tutoring and b-day partying.  After the third bad session of tutoring in a row, we are going to have to think about what we need to do.  He didn't even earn an end of tutoring treat from the teacher and she said we were going to have to re do this lesson as he got nothing out of it.  I am not sure if he is bored or if he is just being bad or what.  There is no sense in me paying 60 dollars a session if he is not going to participate and get anything out of it.  Sigh. I really thought we had a good thing as he LOVES his tutor or did love his tutor.  He has had two weekends of post tutoring parties so I hope he has just had partying on the brain instead of learning.

Well, one day till I am at a week of no running and no working out other than PT.  The pain has lessened some, but not as much as it has in the past.  I am really holding out hope that I can start at least walking again next week, but I want this pain to a 0 before I do.  Stay tuned and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment