Sunday, February 23, 2020

9 weeks till the Flint Hill's 50


trying to remember this

This week has been more about discovery of what is going on and more PT.  On Tuesday I went to Doug at Body First.  Doug has worked on me since I started running back in 2009.  I trust him so much with my body and in helping me decide what to do.  The only issue is he is now a 35 minutes away from me, so I had explored closer options first when I probably should have just gone to him first.  I do love my chiro though and I do feel SO strong now in my core and I don't regret one second going to her and all of the help she has given me.  I do think that this had several components to it, a muscular and a nerve.  Trina, Dr. K, and Doug have all helped me to get this better together and I will always be grateful for that.

Prone hamstring curl machine that I need

After an INCREDIBLY painful massage with Doug that almost made me puke several times and left me in a pool of sweat, I got off of the table feeling like a new person.  I did take a few time outs, but mostly tried to just power through and get to the end.  I needed to strengthen the tops of my hammies as well as open the muscle belly up and get the hammie on both legs to not be so taunt.  The problem is finding the machine that does this.  Most gyms have a hamstring curl machine, but not the hamstring curl machine that you lay prone and bring the weight up to your butt.  I can order one for $225 plus shipping and also the cost of the weights to go on it or drive 35 minutes 3-4 days a week to get to one in Doug's gym.  We have three gyms in our tiny town and one has a single leg kneeling hamstring curl machine that may work.  The only problem?  They don't allow kiddos under 14 and I can't leave andrew home alone while Tony helps me.  We are probably going to have to go to the gym over my lunch break WHEN Tony is in the shop at the same time as I.  Sounds doable right?  I hope so.

stella getting a clean bill of health from her chiro

I did get back to the great outdoors with a nice speedy power walk.  Doug said 2 miles, I wanted 3, but was good in the end.  Stella was biting me and pulling saying COME ON MOM the whole time.  Afterwards I went in and did my PT at the shop and some work.  I am hoping I can walk every single day and get that walking up to a nice number.


I ended the week with another power walk and an all day wrestling tournament.  The tournament did not end the way I had hoped but the walk was magical and I will take it!!!!  Hoping to increase the mileage as this week goes on and see how i feel.  I am so hoping this slow gradual approach of adding back exercise and strengthening my hammies works because this momma needs some exercise for both my mental and physical health!  I will post a post about Andrew's tourny and his year in wrestling soon.  I did a live video on my blog FB page about things but I like to write things down too so look for my post on that.  Have a great week!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment