Sunday, March 1, 2020

8 weeks till Flint Hills 50 miler...which I am not running :(

This week has been crazy due to the software change over at work and a surprise audit that I hear all the contractors have to go through.   In fact the auditor was super shocked we had never had been through one in our three years of business.   Yeah for all the reports and all the details shared.  Here is a short synopsis of the fun stuff.


I did 5 walks during the week: 2.26, 2.5, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.0  miles with a quarter mile at the run for a couple of those:)  I started using my Altras on my 2.0 mile walk with a tiny run splashed in and I am loving them thus far.  My right knee which had been hurting due to compensation I think, quieted down immediately.  I also have been wearing them around the shop and during the day just to get use to them.  They are quite roomy and very cushiony and I am crossing my fingers that they stay working for my wonky body.


Andrew came down with strep Thursday at school, but lucky for us, he had a day off of school Friday already, so no missed school.  Post first dose of antibiotics and some advil, he was as good as new.  He isn't a huge fan of the pink stuff, but I told him the alternative is a huge shot in your butt, so drink up.


We had several fun events this week including Lego club at the library, Read across America at his school Monday night, and Body Venture also at his school.  I got to be a guest reader in Andrew's class and read 3 books to them and got to volunteer at Body Venture as the BRAIN!


If you get a chance to have Body Venture come to your school DO IT!  It is an amazing set up where the kids get to travel through the body and learn about eating right and exercising and what can happen to your body if you don't.  Even though I lost my voice by the end of the 2 hour session, I had so much fun and hoped that I taught the kiddos something interesting!  They give you a script so don't worry about knowing anything in particular.  I even learned some really interesting facts about the brain myself that I didn't know!



We also gave ourselves permission to have one big cheat meal and day drink.  Being business owners is not for the faint of heart. The roller coaster ride that it entails has some great highs but some super low lows and we need some time away with good food and some tasty beers.  We work every day, most weekends, and most nights till late but it is ALL worth it.  


We are super enjoying this spring like weather for sure and I am WISHING i was back running.  We are going to try and be outside and enjoy this weather as much as we can, even if I am not running just yet.  I am trying to remember to be patient and not rush ANYTHING.  Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to get out and day drink! Sometimes you just have to! Hope Andrew is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is going back to school today! Yeah for bacterial infections you can medicate for!

      Delete