Sunday, March 15, 2020

6 weeks till Flint Hills 50 and SPRING BREAK

This is week 2 of spring break (week one was last week and we left KS on Thursday to head to TN to split times between the two grandmas).  It's always super hard to leave my mamma because well, she is my mamma and I love her dearly.  I honestly could live next door to her for the rest of my life :)  Yep, bonafide mamma's girl here.  In fact I would love to just steal her away and hold her hostage in KS.  Okay enough sap.  Here are some pictures from my week.


Fish sticks with granddaddy.  He has had a blast with my step dad.


Hen bit is in bloom in the fields here in Martin TN and it makes me so happy to see buttercups and hen bit blooming it's butt off.  3 miles with some running thrown in.


Grandma's new dog daisy. She was dumped pregnant and heartbroken.  My mom in law took her in and she is just the sweetest dog ever.  Stella would just like it if she would stop sniffing her butt so much, thank you.  


Union city has a mcdonalds play place.  It was a ghost town so we had it all to ourselves.  We also went to the local park that was only slightly under water from all of the recent rain.  


More walking thanks to stella freaking out about andrew not being right with her.  About 2 more miles of laps around the cute little "lake" that is next to the playground.  Lots and lots of ducks to look at and fisherman to watch catch little tiny fish.


Crazy eyes on the bridge.  I really, really, really needed a run.  I did my normal run walk intervals and felt fine.  My nervy feeling is back and has been and I am wondering if it is from all the sitting due to driving and not being able to do much due to the rain.   The good news is nerve issues actually benefit from running as it increases blood flow.  



Hung out at the coffee shop and did some work and enjoyed some quiet alone time.  I love my kiddo but he is glued to my side when we go places, so nice to have some alone adult time to myself.  Due to coronavirus sending all of the students home for extra time off and distance classes, I had the place pretty much to myself.


A trip to Snappy tomato.  Sad that they closed the location in Martin where I practically lived when I was in college but glad they still have a location in Union City so Andrew can enjoy.  



Back to Jackson for one last visit.  We made the decision to head back early thanks to the virus shutting everything down.  I wanted to get back to my house and family, plus have an extra day to do laundry and rearrange.  


Stopped on our way out of town for one last breakfast with grandma and pops.  Good thing we stopped because I had forgotten my purse back at my parent's house.  Luckily we were only an hour away.  Andrew really had a hard time leaving TN this year.  There were many tears shed by all of us.  I have a feeling we will be back in the summer for sure!!!!


Got home for the big reveal!  Backstory, Andrew's "room" was the old attic of this house.  It's huge and has mostly been storage and toys for years.  We have been trying to get him ready to transition from our bed to his own bed.  We are hoping by making it a fun themed room that he will want to stay in there minus us :)  The only problem?  See below!!!!




















Years of toys and our storage items need to find new homes because that is my bedroom under all of that stuff!!!!  Andrew has outgrown his train phase, so all of that will be sorted and sent to my mom's house to be sold.  As for the rest, I am not sure.  Our house has 0 amount of storage so it may have to go live at the shop or us get a storage rental unit.  All of those boxes in the picture above are my beloved Breyer models that I had hoped some day would see the light of day again in some sort of display.  There is only about 200 or so of them in those boxes.  Sigh.  lots of work to be done but we knew this day would come so nothing to do but get er done!


A beer and a burger post drive.  Probably will run today as I type this, just a short one again.  Need the stress relief for sure!!!!    Still waiting to hear if my son's school will shut down.  We will be business as usual unless our plants shut down that we service as well.  Service is booked out a full three weeks unless people start canceling.

Have a great week and enjoy social distancing!




No comments:

Post a Comment