Sunday, March 8, 2020

7 weeks till Flint Hills 50 and I am still not running


Hi  and welcome to the beginning of spring break and to another week of walking!  Here is a brief synopsis of how the week went down.  I am still walking, power walking at that, and throwing in some little short runs to satisfy my running craving. I  am up to walking 3 miles comfortably and will probably stick between 3 and 4 miles for the rest of this month.  I am trying to walk as much as i can, but I am thinking once I add more running in, I will have to go to every other day or just 3 days a week or something a little more forgiving than every day.  I am also trying to do PT as much as possible, but honestly not getting every day as we are slammed at the shop right now.  Weight lifting with my hammies hasn't happened yet again because the gym doesn't allow kiddos in and we have no baby sitter at our finger tips.


We traveled to Tennessee Thursday and Andrew did amazingly well.  I like to stop once on the way down to fill up and have lunch, but that means driving straight through till almost 2 pm.  We packed a ton of snacks and drinks, and he was amazing at not whining about wanting to stop.  He actually slept some and just talked to me some.  I had several podcasts cued up on my phone and my aftershokz headphones to keep me sane.


We spent Friday at the zoo with my father and my half sister and her two kiddos.  It was a BLAST!  I LOVE zoos and the Memphis zoo has really redone most of it's exhibits since I was a kid.  Highlights included petting sting rays, feeding giraffes, multiple gift shops (my kiddo loves gifts shops LOL) and tons of cousin time with Bella and Nic.  




We really need to plan more cousin excursions because even though they were a year apart, they really had fun together!


Mom and I got walks in on Saturday and Sunday as well.  Mom regularly walks 3 miles, so she took me on a tour of downtown Jackson.  It's amazing how much they have redone the place and how nice it is compared to when I was younger.  It's actually a place you want to be now.    


We also did 2 group hikes with one being about 2 miles and the last being about 4 miles.  I didn't turn on my watch on either time, but on Saturday we just hiked our property and on Sunday we did some paved trails and then hit the boardwalk and nature trail out at Pinson Mounds.  I ran out here last year and I was dying to run again, but did enjoy showing the trails off to my mom and kiddo.  The hike ended up being a little longer than I had anticipated, but we kind of went the wrong way and went away from the start/entrance and had to back track to get back.  I had brought snacks and there were plenty of places to stop and catch your breath.  




Looking forward to our full week of spring break next week and more walking and hiking.  Mom's gym actually has the prone hamstring machine so we are trying to figure out how I can get over there to work out and use it with mom and without the little.  Plus it is suppose to rain so we may be hanging out at the gym anyway using the indoor track.  Have a great week!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment