Sunday, March 22, 2020

No point in counting anymore :(


With all of the races being canceled and or postponed, there is no point in counting towards anything anymore.  I may loose my mind trying to home school and work, but I am blessed because at this point I can continue my job and am in an office by myself so there is that.  I have always had super mad respect for Andrew's teachers and now even more than ever as I try to motivate him to do his work.  At this point we are just working off of work sheets and recommendations via his teacher, but I do believe that they are going to do some sort of on line learning in the future, much like the teachers at KSU are having to do.  Thank GOD again I am employed by my hubby's company because KSU has sent the students home and also all non essential researchers, which they have deemed most if not all research as non essential.  For now I will be able to collect a paycheck and not go on unemployment like so many of my friends are having to doing now.  I am keeping all of my friends in my prayers as we all enter very uncertain times.


My week started out with a trip to my chiropractor.  She gave me a new exercise to work on, bird dog.  Again, I was totally doing it wrong and she had to tweak it to make it right.  Who knew I could do so many SIMPLE exercises wrong.  That's the problem though, they are deceptively simple, but if you shift your hips on don't use your core right, you don't work the correct muscles and the exercise is pointless.  We also talked about my running and how to approach it.  I know that running 3 miles without slowly building up was a really bad idea, but mentally I needed it and I don't regret it.  Moving forward though, I needed a better plan.  Right now we are going to do at least a week of walk 1 mile, run 1 mile, walk 1 mile and then bump that up to walk, run, run.  I am working on cadence and core engagement and figuring out what keeps the pain away.  My cadence is pretty high, since I have little short legs, but for some reason when I walk and even when I run if I take little bitty steps I don't have any pain or discomfort.  I am going to target 3 days a week for my walk/run and then go from there.  I have also been released to bike so as soon as the wind isn't blowing 100 mph I will head out on my bike.  My gym shut down till further notice, so not going to get to that hammy machine any time soon.


In some ways I am grateful for my injury and trying to look at this time as a good thing.  If I was training now I would be in my peak weeks and my immune system would be so compromised.  I would have paid for several races that have all been canceled.  My heart hurts for those who have had their big goal races canceled or postponed.  Having had a huge DNF on my first 50 K years ago, i had a huge feeling of what do I do with all of this training???  I was able to find another race a month later and use my training for that but now people don't even have that and who knows when we will.  Until we get a vaccine for this stupid virus, we aren't going to defeat it totally, it will just hang around and come back as soon as we all start gathering again.  Here is huge prayers going up for the scientists who are feverishly working on a vaccine and or treatment so we can defeat this virus.  


Another week of uncertainty, another week of change.  Prayers going up for health care workers on the front lines of this.  Prayers going up for our fellow small business owners trying to make it through closures both mandated and voluntary.  Prayers for those infected.  Prayers for everyone!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment