Sunday, March 29, 2020

The New Normal?

Settling in and getting use to the new normal.  We aren't at the point of shelter in place (foreshadowing because as I am proofreading this, we are getting ready to shelter in place), but there are cases of COVID-19 all around us now so it's just a matter of time.  I am very lucky in that our industry is deemed essential, but our workers have to make decisions, hard ones and two have decided to take voluntary lay offs for at least a week or two to see what is going to happen.  We have several commercial jobs coming up, a vet clinic we are helping build from the ground up, a cell phone tower, a food plant job, and a school remodel.  We hope these are all going to move forward, but at any moment that could all change.  We are trying not to worry and are trying to stay busy and safe at the shop. Here are some main points from this week.


I ran 3 days this week.  The first day I did my usual walk 1 mile, run 2, walk 1 mile with my normal intervals and felt great!  I decided to run 3 miles because why not, so I also tried a 1 mile walk, 3 mile run.  I know, I know, don't rush this, but it just felt amazing.  I had  ridden my bike on Tuesday and that kind of irritated my hammy, so I may have to lay off of my bike.  I think the universe agreed because I woke up to this the next day post riding (it's super flat meaning a need a new tube):


I also met up with Robin at a safe distance at our favorite state park for some walk/run.  If you remember, she fell and hurt her ankle in the middle of me also being injured, and we are having fun rehabbing together.  There weren't too many people out at this point so we had no trouble keeping away from others and each other.  I am not sure you can do that on a trail which means we may be staying off of trails for a while.


We also had Boom boom neutered this week.  I always leave my boys intact until they start showing me annoying behaviors.  Boom has been a little too mouthy with Deuce and had actually caused a few puncture wounds on deuce's ears, meaning it was time.  The first night we had him home was super rough.  He cried all night even though he was on pain meds.  I held him most of the night and finally got a couple of hours of sleep.  The next day he was cone free most of the day, as we worked from home and the next night was way better.  The third night was rough again, not sure why, as he couldn't get comfortable and paced most of the night. I have had boys have issues with razor burn so not sure if he is just being a drama queen or what.  I did order a new cone for him to try versus the big heavy plastic cone.    


We also started phase 2 of the purge.  We have gotten Andrew's room back to the way we wanted it to be, now we are trying to work on a closet for Andrew to get the rest of the junk out of our bedroom.  This house is so weird in the way it was built.  None of the bedrooms except the addition master bedroom have closets, and we are pretty sure his bedroom was the original attic.  There are two alcoves in the hallway that we have used for storage and we decided the one that had tubs needed to be Andrew's closet.  We have shelving at the shop where we can store stuff especially if it is in labeled tubs.


We proceeded to take all of the tubs downstairs to try and go through them and organize them better.  Many of these tubs have pictures (back when we had film and actually took them to be developed) and sentimental stuff so we are in the process of going through everything and making some decisions.  PLUS, I found 4 tubs of baby clothes!!!! I  thought I had gotten rid of all of the baby stuff, but nope!  Of course now is the worst time to actually be purging stuff since no one is taking donations, but it feels good to at least get stuff ready to be donated at some point and to get all of the crap out of my bedroom and into some sort of organization into his new closet:)


Hope you are having a good week and making it through this mess.  I am praying for all of us to stay sane and healthy.  Much love to all of y'all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment