Sunday, July 19, 2020

Summer Running Fun?

I still have no clue exactly what we want to do. I don't think I want to enter any race at this point since races are still canceling left and right.  I am going to keep my eye on the November 6/12/24 but not specifically train for anything per se.  Since we are just running 4 days a week and making the mileage up as we go, here is a sentence or two per picture.  



I think I have a problem when my 8 year old is complaining to his friends about my Hamilton addiction.


Andrew was driver of the week and it came at a perfect time to get his spirits up post the last race where he got knocked out by his good friend.  


Woke up to another storm that was parked and making lighting.  Decided not to go and it just sat there so could have gotten at least 4 in.  Sigh.  



Love working for my hubby.  Got out to do 4 miles post dropping my kiddo at Camp Invention.  


Somewhere in the middle of that red is us.  No run + no sleep thanks to three terrified dogs and a kid on top of you = long day.  


A little practice to make sure the cars are dialed in and a reminder of lines and how important they are.  


Humid AF but beautiful sunrise complete with humidity fog.  I am so over summer.  The only reason I run right now is because I need the talk therapy with all that is going on with the world.  


Two very bored running dogs that think KS humidity is stupid and should cease and desist immediately.  


Camp Invention looked very different this year.  Only 25 students, hula hoops to help kiddos understand social distancing, masks, and lots and lots of outside time to have mask breaks.  God bless and guide the administrators and decisions makers on kiddos going back to school.  I would NOT want their job right now.  


My running partner teaching my kiddo about flight.  I love the fact that she pushes him out of his comfort zone and doesn't let him give up or quit.  She has helped him SO much with his fixed mindset.
  

That's pretty much every day thus far this summer.  I really wish I could love summer running but I pretty much can't and the older I get, the worse it gets.


Humidity fog.  YOu know you are in trouble when you are drinking your air.


At least the sunrises are pretty?


Instead of some miles on the feet, some miles on the bike.  Thanks lightening!


Another practice.  Getting better and more confident in both cars and getting much better lines.  


Won't be long till he is taller than me!


Race day.  More than one sentence here :)  We went into the weekend with three nights of practice, a good night's sleep, and a good attitude.  Unfortunately Cautious Coleman was in the house and he wouldn't pass or really race in Jr Honda.  We thought we had the car dialed in and we still think we did, but his bravery just wasn't there.  In Jr Animal (the car above) there were only 3 cars and he started 2nd both times and held on to 2nd.   We were happy that he was brave and didn't let the 3rd place car pass him.  His Jr Animal car is the more powerful of the two and we are so proud of him that he is handling driving a more powerful car so well.  Not sure what is going on with his passing abilities coming and going, but we will continue to practice and work hard and hope to see bravery return. Robin and I also ran 10 miles before the race in feels like 78 with 96% humidity.  We were both dripping in sweat but got it done.  Hoping this heat wave is over, but I am sure it isn't.  

  It's suppose to rain all next week so it literally may be a wash next week and we have yet another race weekend.  Have a great week!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment