Monday, October 5, 2020

It's really fall y'all!


I love this time of year!  FINALLY the humidity has let go a bit and we can run post work and not die of heat stroke.  Plus, I love the sunsets, no filter needed at all.  Five miles post work Monday and some serious talk therapy for both of us.  I value my time with all of my running friends so much because so much can be said and discussed while staring at your feet and the road in front of you.  


We had our testing for ADD/ADHD whatever it's called now on Monday as well.  He has been meeting with Dr. Rachel for a few months now and I look forward to her evaluations.  We won't get any results for a few weeks, and I am eager to hear her opinion.  Thus far this year his grades have been really good, but I have been hearing his attention is off the charts horrible. I am not sure how he is so distracted, yet gets such good grades.  I love this kid so much and just want what is best for him to be successful and happy in school and in life.  


We did an in town pavement run to avoid the dust and traffic from harvest.  Most of the corn is out now and the soybeans won't be too far behind.  I miss the cover that the crops give us, especially when I need to make an emergency ditch dive!  


I finally got some new flavors in for my shakes including some pumpkin spice. Y'all, pumpkin spice peanut butter cheesecake is my new most favorite. I am getting so much better at making the shakes and making them yummy!


Our gravel ride was a bit chilly and we had a newbie with us so we didn't go quite as far or fast but it was still a lovely ride.  I am hoping Lori can join us on more adventures!  


A quick 5 miles with boom boom and Stella post work.  So much dust and farm implements on my running route, but love watching them work.  


We decided to try out Tuttle Creek even though there were lots of campers camping thanks to a home football game for the Wildcats.  Not many dogs, most people were still in bed I think thanks to the cold morning.  Got our 10 done and even got a shake at Little Apple Nutrition.  




Sunday was race day!  Two races left for points and close in points in two classes.  Again, the biggest thing is try.  We saw a TON of try in his Junior Animal car.  Great starts, wouldn't pass his good buddy madden but he at least hung with him.  Two third places finishes for him and a great season for the Junior Animal car.  


Junior Honda was not great this weekend, big sigh.  He has just given up on this car and even when we have it dialed in, he still won't push it.  The new car is ordered and will replace this one, but who knows when it will be in and ready.  


One of the mom's really hit the nail on the head.  He is a late bloomer so be careful with him and his confidence.  Don't fuss too much because he is on the edge of greatness but he could fall either way.  We are choosing to celebrate the good stuff and for now, let the bad stuff go to the wayside.  Hopefully he will draw a good position this weekend in Junior Honda and brave Andrew will show up ready to battle.  

It felt so good to have a four runs a week week finally!  Have a great week y'all!






No comments:

Post a Comment