Sunday, February 13, 2022

Week 3: Training for the 0 Mile Flint Hills 50K

Welcome to week 3 of 12!  I would officially be moving into 4 runs a week if I was following the plan exactly, but we all know I have been trying to get 4 runs a week no matter what anyway.  I am also trying to get my speed sessions back and still doing a good job of fitting some sort of speed in my work outs!


I had 4 runs this week, one easy run on Tuesday with Boom and Stella, a snowman speedwork out on Thursday with just Boom, a long run of 7 with just Boom, and recovery run with just Stella.  Boom has been on fire lately with speedwork and with even a speedier long run and I am loving seeing those old numbers slowly creep back, even with my 4:1 run walk breaks.  



I also did a ghost hunt in downtown Wamego with my RBF Saturday night.  There were boos and there were brews and we had a great time!  I know not everyone believes, but we had experiences that would make ANYONE believe.  I will have to write a whole post about our experience some time, as it was so crazy all the ghosts we got to talk to.  Rockin Robin even got me my very own dousing rods and crystals for our ghost hunts and I had SO much fun using them.  


Sometimes it's so hard to look at our child and think, how did such a sweet loving, non competitive marshmallow come out of two very competitive parents who were both very athletic and very competitive starting at age 5. We weren't going to wrestle this year, but his football coach talked him into it and I am not sad that he did.  Andrew needs all the time away from screens he can get and wrestling really is one of those sports that is AMAZING on all levels for discipline, conditioning, and mental toughness.  



We weren't going to do but one tournament this year and we ended up in COVID quarantine for our home tourny, so we had to find another one to try.  Unfortunately, he had an 8 man bracket at the one tournament we picked, meaning he only got 2 matches the whole tournament.  He wanted one more chance, so we entered him in one more and ended up with 4 matches.  While he still walked away with 4 losses, he actually had two take downs in one match and wrestled quite well in another.  I am sad to see the season end, but racing and baseball is around the corner and my ambitions for him are just going to have to take a back seat and chill.  You would think I would know that by now as my child never changes even as he grows older.



Have a great week y'all and Happy Valentine's Day from the Red Aussie Crew!  

No comments:

Post a Comment