Monday, February 21, 2022

Week 4: Training for the 0 Mile Flint Hills 50K


Not a ton to talk about this week.  I did my four runs, most where uneventful.  I didn't get my speedwork this week because I just wasn't feeling it and hey, that is okay some weeks!



One week day run (Tuesday) was with both dogs for 5 miles and chasing a beautiful sunset and some killer wind.  


Thursday's run was Boom only, as Stella had her monthly adjustment which went much better this month.  I think we will stick to monthly from now on.   She loves Dr. A SO much because she makes her feel so wonderful after the popping and cracking.  Dr. A was sitting on the floor writing up her notes and stella just sat her butt right on her lap while she did notes.  



We did celebrate Valentine's day and for the first time, Andrew didn't have to make a box to take.  I was a little sad, I love watching his creativity unfold.  Instead this year they did bags at school and I LOVE his bag!  My 80's child used little sticky hearts as power pellets for Pac Man and Mrs. Pac Man.  



The parents this year were uber creative, so I am glad we also thought outside the box, literally.  I bought a file on etsy and we printed our own cards and then attached blow pops.  Plus, he took a whole bunch of extras and handed them out to people outside of his classroom including paras, support staff, his past teacher, and his own principal.  I love his loving heart!


I had a big surprise of roses and chocolate on my desk when I came back from errands.  These have got to be the coolest roses ever because they have slowly opened up over the week and have looked even more amazing every day.



We love supporting our fellow local businesses and these roses came from The Flower Mill in downtown Wamego.  


We also had a predicted snow event again this week.  Once again we were on the line of 0 and 6+ and this time we lucked out and got 0.  I took pictures several times during the morning and this was what it looked like every time.  I feel like there was a huge bubble over us the whole time.  I just want ONE good snow day, just one.


We also celebrated "Drink Wine Day" at our favorite local tasting room 456 Wineries.  I don't know who makes these holidays up, but I am glad they exist to give me an excuse to shut down 30 minutes early.  


We also FINALLY saw eagles on our run.  They were circling pretty high in the air, but I could make out their white on the tail and head.  I had to just stop my watch and watch them fly.  Stella did come a long as well and did great.  


I closed out the week with a recovery run post the girls D3 wrestling dual.  I honestly didn't know if I was going to be able to get this one in post standing for 9 straight hours working in a concession stand.  Note to self: Wear better shoes if you are going to be on your feet that long. I literally sat down 2 times the whole day, but my heart was full seeing all of the girls with their giant smiles and their medals and trophies.  


And last but not least, Andrew picked up a bat for the first time in 2 years and swung it several times in a home run derby. He of course came in last BUT he had fun and he surprised several of his football friends by showing up.  I am proud of him for getting out of his comfort zone and while I don't want to add another sport to our already busy spring/summer, I wouldn't mind playing baseball again.  All of the kids above play traveling ball and while we are not and probably never will be traveling ball material, we can have fun at the rec ball level with lots of really good players.   



Have a great week y'all!






No comments:

Post a Comment