Sunday, March 20, 2022

Week 8: Training for the 0 Mile Flint Hills 50K

 Week 8 and Spring Break Week!  YAHOOO!



One of the joys of owning your own business means you can get away some times and work at night instead of during the day.  My mom came to visit for Andrew's spring break and we decided to sneak away a few times and take some day trips locally and me just work my butt off at night returning client phone calls and doing bookwork.  


We celebrated Pi day with some pizza pie!


We had fancy chai lattes and pastries at The Brew downtown.


We went to Salina to Rolling Hill's Zoo to see the baby rhino.  


AND we got to see the baby giraffe again that is now grown quite a bit since we saw him right after birth. 


We also went downtown to the Oz museum to check it out for the millionth time AND hunt ghosts.  


Love living in a tiny town that has some fun touristy stuff to do when you are stuck and can't travel anywhere too far.  


Running was fun this week.  I only got three runs in, but that is okay.  I got a 6 miler, a 4 miler, and a 17 miler done.  I missed my three thanks to us being at the track all day for Need For Speed, our yearly fundraiser.  The above run was post work with 40 mph winds coming from the north, so my loving hubby dropped me out by the airport on the gravel so I could run south and east only.  


I also got a 17 miler done with admittedly more walking that I wanted to do but again, it is what it is.  We had an extremely windy day with wind coming from the South and east, I was a little hung over (see below) and sleep deprived from 2 extremely late nights for me watching racing, and it was much hotter than it has been for any of my runs lately with very little acclimation.


In other news Stella got her monthly adjustment.  She won't run much in the summer since it gets so hot and she doesn't tolerate it well anymore, but I will get her out for super short runs when I can.  Can you tell she LOVES Dr. A?

  

We also celebrated St. Patrick's day with some good stout and some green!


We practiced some baseball!


We had a very productive club meeting with only one small issue (WINNING since I had been practically  puking the whole morning worrying about the meeting and how people were going to act.).


We had amazing beers post Need For Speed at the track at the Happy Bassett Barrel House (see the above about my 17 miler and why this might not have been a good idea but eh, you live and learn).


AND we had another very successful Need for Speed where we raised over 1200 bucks for our club and got lots of interest in driving at our track.  



I will leave you with my kiddo's chalk art from NFS.  Have a great week y'all!













 




 




No comments:

Post a Comment