Sunday, June 11, 2023

5 and 11? Okay. Just breath

 Since I am writing this at 9:30 at night and I am so sleepy, this will be short and sweet.  


Got three runs in but only one with Boom as we have had some pretty bad heat this last week.  We got lucky on Saturday for our longish run due to cloudy and cool weather which counteracted the horrible high humidity.  



Little red finally let us book an appointment to get his hair cut.  Our hair stylist is always so amazed at how thick and crazy his hair is.  He has really liked having it longer even though we all think he looks he has a mop on his head.  


He looks so dang grown up!  I am not ready for my sweet little boy to be a big kid.  


Not going to lie, I HATE summer running. I can't get up early because it's 100 percent humidity and I can't breath or take the dogs with me so I don't feel safe.  I can handle the heat much better than the humidity, but then I feel sick and sweat to death.  Can we just fast forward to fall please?


Over the weekend we adventured even though Tony wasn't feeling great.  His puking headaches have returned with a vengance and also we thought he might have a touch of the stomach flu.  He was brave and came along with us for most of the day but went to sleep early and slept all night.  We stared out at The Chef, a brunch place that was made famous by Bridgett Everett from Somebody Somewhere on HBO.  They have the most amazing breakfast pizza EVER!


Next we headed across the street to Therapie, a local pie maker's shop to have Andrew's new favorite, chocolate silk pie.  WE both blissed out over the most amazing pie.  


Next we headed over to our local museum to enjoy the new NASA exhibit where we played with Gyroscopes, made paper rockets and launched them, and make paper airplanes and had competitions to see who could fly the farthest.  


I ended the night going to our local winery tasting room for some live music and a bottle of Rose.  We missed our graduation party because Tony was feeling pretty bad at that point but we will celebrate our friend's kiddo with a nice gift at a later date.  


Sunday was a big day.  Boom turned the big 5 and we headed to KC to celebrate Andrew's birthday a day early at Brickfest Live.  Not going to lie, I was kind of worried because I didn't really know what to expect at Brickfest.  I had heard mixed reviews and had seen some tik tok videos of it that did not impress me.  I am happy to report that Andrew had a blast we didn't even do half of the stuff we could have done.  While the vending wasn't great, the activities made up for it.  




Here are the pictures but basically we made floor tiles for a huge mosaic, made pixel tiles for the pixel wall, played with glow in the dark Legos, saw many life sized Lego creations, talked with Lego Masters, bought some mini fig bags that he had been wanting, and just had an amazing time as a family.  










I still can't believe by tomorrow I will have an 11 year old.  Sigh.  He looks older and older every day and I am just not ready.  

Y'all have a great week!















No comments:

Post a Comment