Monday, September 23, 2024

It's FALL!!!!!


It's bittersweet to walk away from something that even though it brought you great stress, it also brought you some of the best friends in the world.  This week was the nomination meeting for the board for our racing club at TKQMA, and I politely declined my nomination for another 2-year term.  Even though this club has basically caused me lots of therapy bills, I will miss being a part of two meetings a month and every single decision.  I love what we have built out of nothing basically and I am excited to see where it goes.  We have a big healthy club that right now that is mostly working together, and I love it.  I love seeing people get passionate about helping kids realize their love for a sport (and yes, I call it a sport).  I love seeing people want to grow our club, not destroy it for no reason.  I love after every race just going from trailer-to-trailer eating food, drinking, and talking, not having the division like we had previously fought hard to get rid of.  I hope the club continues to grow and prosper without my smiling face, and I feel like we will.  I really felt like it would be like a huge weight off of my shoulders but instead I am just sad and nervous, totally unexpected feelings.   I think part of it is I am just a control freak and if I am on the board I can help with control.  I know that it is time for others to step up, but it is hard to let go.  I will still volunteer my little heart out for everything and help the board in any way I can.  I wish the new president all the luck in the world and will help him with anything he needs.  I wish him great success in taking this club even further into the future of what it could look like and be.



Football.  Sigh.  Another week of a painful loss.  Another week watching kids struggle mightily that haven't previously struggled.  I really don't know what is going on.  The only new thing is the coaches, and I hate to put this all on them.  We had yet another week of 0 playing time.  I am not sure how to keep him going with no carrot to dangle in front of him with a possibility of playing time if we aren't going to win.  I wish they would play like high school were certain kids ONLY played defense and certain kids ONLY played offense so that more kids got playing time.  It was hard to watch in the 100 degrees heat the same kids play over and over and over again wishing and hoping for a score.  Oh well.  Next year may look completely different for us.  To be continued.



I did get one work out class in and one run in.  The heat was horrible this week with temps being back in the 100s.  Then fall hit hard on Sunday, but we had had a fun night of Tennessee football with a win (sloppy) and KSU with a loss (incredibly sloppy).  Both later games which meant we were up till almost 2 am watching football and having fun with our friends.  Let's just say hang overs suck in your late 40s.  I slogged through 3 miles and prayed to not die.  Sunday, I snuggled most of the day in my fuzziest blankie with my chief's sweat pants and my favorite sweatshirt.  Man, I love fall.  



Have a great week y'all!  It's race week and we have more football!








No comments:

Post a Comment