I'm one happy but tired puppy this week. Being down one person and having multiple experiments going on has been tough and I've worked some 9-10 hour days, but when you are doing what you love, it makes the day go by faster and worth it. We've pulled together and everyone is really leaning in and doing their job and it's fun to watch us become much closer as a team. I almost don't want to hire anyone else but also, I'm almost 50 and not built for 10 hour days.
Four work outs for me this week, two upper body and two lower body. I am loving how my muscles are looking and the development, just wish my boobs and my gut would get the memo. I know, I know, my eating needs to be cleaned up but dang it, I don't eat that horribly. I try to get good clean protein every day, and I try to have healthy snacks any time I snack and honestly, I'm not much of a snacker anyway. I try to only get fancy coffee once a week. I have cut my drinking down (don't look at last week) and I try to drink light beer if I just need a quick beer.
We didn't go to hear any bands, and I am sad for this but feels like 120 just didn't sound like a fun time to be sitting outside with no air flow. I honestly thought they would cancel but they didn't and I hope that the band didn't melt. Instead, we did a Netflix marathon, something I never do because I don't like sitting still for that long. After a long week of working my butt off, sitting on my butt was probably what I needed anyway.
And then my weekend ended on this. Yes, someone hit my Tahoe and didn't stop. Sigh. Jon Snow is too old to invest a ton of money in him to fix. I am hoping to make it to next year and then start car shopping. No one's cameras picked up the culprit, but thanks to many of my neighbors for checking anyway. Huge thank you to the Wamego PD for getting out so quick to get a case started and to State Farm for getting a claim started right away. I still need to get it into a body shop to see what the damages are going to cost. Huge thank you to my neighbor for bringing zip ties out so I could at least drive it since Tony was on an emergency call all day.
No comments:
Post a Comment