Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Hello?

It's funny that now that i have zero time to write and be present for my blog, I have so many readers now.  Welcome to my chaos dear readers!  Spoiler alert, running with a red did happen this week although it was Ollie and she isn't red, but boy have I been looking at red puppies lately and having some major FOMO.  




Also, I've probably said it a million times but I am SO READY FOR FALL.  I love lifting but I am ready to run and be outside and have cool crisp air in my face.   

I will be honest with you since this is space where I put crazy things in the universe.   I've been thinking about a few things, and I have several goals I am considering.  All of these things probably will take time and will probably be in the future, but I want it down on paper somewhere.  

1.  I am seriously considering getting a power lifting coach and doing some power lifting competitions.  I LOVE lifting and I love having goals.  I have found a few plans online that are only 3 days a week AND I would still need some running time for Ollie and I's mental health, so stay tuned.  

2.  I miss having horses.  My coworker has horses, and I didn't realize how much I had stuffed my horse loving self into a box and locked that away.  I am not going to rush into just owning any horse but if the right one comes along AND my coworker could board my horse at her place, that might work.  

3.  100k.  Sigh.  I miss running for hours on end and pushing myself.  I don't have two whole weekend days to give right now, but if I could find something that I could do in the spring and I could train all winter around Andrew's racing season then it's a maybe.

4.  Dog agility is always in the back of my mind, especially with Ollie being such a perfect size.  She still has a long way to go, but she's slowly gaining my trust.  The only problem is my trainer is in Kansas City now and that is a 2-hour drive one way.  I would need some help with ollie as she is very different than any dog I've ever trained.  


Okay back to reality now.  Two lifts and one run for the week.  I think the whole family is fighting something off and we all feel not quite right.  I felt like pure dog crap Saturday morning but had to go to work and then I had to get the mowing done and ran out of time for working out.  I know, excuses but it is what it is.  Sometimes rest is the best thing for you.  Plus, we had a lot of fun things come up towards the end of the week and I was all about having some fun. 




We went to Third Thursday in Manhattan and watched the big air guitar competition.  Yes, I typed that correctly and you read it correctly, AIR guitar.  It was so much fun and now Andrew wants to watch the documentary that was done on big air competitions globally.  We ended the night having some pizza at AJs with my coworker and just talking and listening to Bluegrass music.  





We also had another round of Friday night lights.  We lost a young man in our community last week due to an accident, and the community has rallied to stand behind the family and support them.  




The game was very emotional at several points we were all bawling.  Both teams had moments before and after the game that just made me glad we live in this tiny community.  We have firsthand been recipients of the love of this community when Tony had a brain tumor and had to have emergency surgery.  To honor this kid on both sides was truly amazing to watch and I don't think I've ever heard an entire football stadium FULL of people that quiet. We all left the game in silence and self-reflection.  That could have been any of us as parents losing a kid and being in their shoes.  





Overall, the band did improve which blows my mind with only technically 2 practices a week for an hour and half each.  They played Hard day's night/Magical mystery tour and added a new song minus marching sets, Elanore Rigby.  I can't wait to see this whole show come together.  They also marched at the State Fair this week and got all superior ratings.  





We ended the week racing again at Washington Kansas.  We've raced here several times this year and I feel like he is getting SO close to figuring this track out.  We have two more races this year, both at Clay Center and of course there is already lots of rain in the forecast.  Sigh.  I know he's a little frustrated at his finishes but there is improvement every single race.  




I am proud of his improvement and his ability to push this car a little hard each race.  I am also so proud that his little buddy for his heat race win as it was a BATTLE!  We also battled rain around the track all night and finally we got a huge shower that canceled the races.  I am glad we got some seat time, and I am thankful for all the friends that we got to spend some time with post-race.  





Keep your fingers crossed we at least get 2 more races and maybe 3 and end the year on a good note.  





Have a great week y'all!  It's ALMOST FALL!






No comments:

Post a Comment