Friday, April 27, 2018

April Runfessions

Wait what?  It's already the end of the month????  NO WAY!  I usually keep a rough draft through the month as things happen of what to runfess and I runfess I totally forgot this month!!!! Okay here goes, grab a nice light summer beer and let's get down to it because this is going to go down like a Bud Light lime on a hot day:)


PF SUCKS!  Just when I think I have a hold of it, it comes rearing back.  Granted I just started this journey, but I am already not happy and bordering a little panicky.  While it doesn't hurt thus far when I run (knock on wood), it kills me the rest of the day.  I just had my first really good massage and am planning another, and I am doing all of other things I need to do to get this gone including lots of resting, stretching, icing, and massaging.  I am also ordering the older version of my beloved Saucony Isos, since I am pretty sure the new version is what caused this mess.  I did a little experiment yesterday where I wore the new version all day, and when I took them off to go to bed, my arch and heel were on fire.  So odd that I don't feel it when I am wearing them at all rather I am running or just working.  I need to do some sort of running until I am done pacing in June, so will have to just do anything and everything I can to keep this under control and not cause more damage.  Let's hope i can avoid the needle because i am the biggest wuss ever about shots, especially needles in my foot, and I have heard this shot in particular is pretty painful in itself and not always effective. 

I know, I know.  Everyone is going to have a May meme!  Loved these guys when they were popular and still love JT!
Wow, all the parents that told me May was crazy with school kids weren't lying!  We have something every night and practically every day at school till end of school.  All the field trips, all the plays/musicals, and all the play days, all in May!  Plus T ball starts and track club is still going strong.  I am SO glad we didn't add soccer on top of all of this!!!  If we can make it through this month without killing each other, it will be a miracle:)  I am still in denial that very soon, I will have a 1st grader.  Time, SLOW DOWN!

When did this child sprout legs!
Okay I think that is it from me for now!  Will do a better job next month of keeping my runfessions down because with my brain, there is always a ton!


No comments:

Post a Comment