Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Fall Racing and Running Plans

My brain...on a good day!

Yes, I am already thinking about this summer and fall. I am a planner and type A like nobody's business.  I need to get my thoughts down and mull through what is the most important to me.  I would like to keep my goal race for the fall the 6/12/24 hour race again and try to go for 12 hours versus 6, and just see what I can do with no expectations of an exact mileage.  Here are my thoughts, that of course are subject to change at any moment. 

Possible Summer races:

June 30th-NightHawk could do 10 or 20 mile loop-night race
July 21st-Psycho Psummer-Run Toto Run leaning towards the 10 miler due to heat-very technical trail
August 4th-Brew to shoe 10K-road course

Possible Fall/Winter races:

My next goal is to pace my friend at her first 100 miler on September 8/9.  The plan at this point is she can't pick any pacers up till past the 50 mile mark.  Each loop is 25 miles and she has two of us, so I would only be doing 25 miles total. . 

There will be some fall races that I can pace, but I count those as training runs anyway.  The runs I have on my radar screen for fall including pacing my friend are:

September 8/9: pace Lindsey 25 mile loop
September 23rd: 25K trail race-still on the fence.  May just volunteer but volunteered last year and would kind of like to run it this year.
October 20th: possibly pace KC half 2:30 or slower
November 3rd:  Half marathon-possible pace or just run for fun OR dog 5K in topeka (They haven't scheduled yet and I seriously love this race so would defer to it)
November 10th: timed run/12 hours
November 22nd:Turkey trot 5K

As always, it's a lot and I don't typically race all of these races.  I usually pick one race as a goal race and everything else is for fun.  My goals don't always include time goals, sometimes it's just the goal of finishing period. So there is what my tentative plan is for the rest of the running year.  It always makes me feel so much better to get it out on paper and run it by my coach for approval.  Hope to see y'all at one of my upcoming races!  Stop by and say HI!

No comments:

Post a Comment