Sunday, November 10, 2019

Week 24 of 24. RACE WEEK!

IT'S RACE WEEK!!!  Yes, I am yelling because I am SO excited!  I won't do a day by day break down because honestly there won't be much running till the big day, but here is a little of what happened leading up to the big day.


The week started out with laps with my Girls on the Run girls.  We got 2.47 miles done and lots of great discussion.  I have two girls that normally run with me during practice and I love them both dearly because they push themselves every practice and we have great girl talk!  I may never have a daughter of my own but I get a set of them every fall to run with.  Normally I would go out and finish whatever mileage I needed but I decided that was good enough.  I honestly wanted to do a run during the day with Stella to see how her 8 miler on Sunday affected her if at all.  She had her X rays on Tuesday and while I hoped that we found something we could treat, I was also hoping there was nothing to find and she would be good to go for Saturday. We found nothing of course so now we are on to either soft tissue or mental.


We drove down Wednesday to mostly sunny skies but some rain towards the end.  We stopped once to get McDonalds around 2 pm and then we stopped again to fill up for gas and that was it.  We made good time and mom had one of my favorite suppers ready for me.



We took all of the above and organized it into one tote below.  We put light tights and heavy tights in separate bags and light and heavy shirts had their own bags.  Different accessories had labeled bags as well and this served us well race day. 


We also hit up mom's gym to do some power walking at the indoor track since it was raining.  We pushed ourselves and got 3 miles in where 9 laps equals a mile!  Afterwards we hit up Rockin Dough Pizza and brewery for calzones and one tasty in house brewed beer.  


Stella got regular massages from my mom and loved them.  To be one of the most naugty aussies of my crew, she sure does get lots of love.  


We packed up mom's van and headed to the Chattanooga area for our hotel Friday morning.  It was about a 4 hour drive through some sections of mountain and of course I had a few panic attacks.  I don't think i could ever live in mountains and drive regularly.  



We checked into our dog friendly hotel (with white bedspreads, go figure) and met up with my cousin Elane to head to packet pick up and then dinner at Cracker Barrel.  I am going to end this here and type the rest in my recap so head over to the race recap and check it out!  Spoiler alert, I ran my FIRST 50 miler in 14 hours and 39 seconds and had a blast!

Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment