Sunday, February 14, 2021

Week 9 of 18: A bust

I had hoped I was back on the 2 year plan for injuries post the hammy injury last year.  I also had hoped this injury wasn't a long term thing, but I am super worried it might be. I just want one more 50 miler and then I am DONE with that distance.  I want ONE belt buckle dang it! That niggling pain in my pubic area/left groin area started really bothering me during my 10 miler and by Sunday, I could barley walk.  I had to take some Advil due to headaches and needing to work our home wrestling tournament, which took the pain away all day Sunday, but masking the pain is not what I am about.  



I guess if I was going to have to pick a week to be out, this was a good one to pick.  The wind chills were predicted to be super low all week.  School was canceled Monday for freezing drizzle, and we had a 2 hour delay Friday due to wind chill being below -25.    



I spent my rest week working on puzzles. I forgot how much I LOVED doing jigsaw puzzles.  There is something about having something to do with my hands while listening to podcasts or music that just makes me so happy.  As a kid and young adult, I use to sit and watch TV and do cross stitch and that just activates such a happy place in my brain.  


Andrew got a super early Valentine's Day present.  Perry the Platypus was a big hit and 0 calories LOL!  We are trying to watch our intake of sweets and junk since we aren't wrestling now.  I feel like he is a lot like me, would pack on the pounds if left to his own devices.  


These two did NOT enjoy the lay off.  Stella was extra special naughty getting into the pie safe and eating 2 different bags of chips and some girl scout cookies.  She also got into the laundry room and ate the rest of the cat food out of the bag, which wasn't much, but still.  Little did they know, even if I was running this week, I would NOT have been running outside more than likely.  I don't mind running in negative wind chills during the daylight, but not at night in the dark.  


These two crack me up.  This cat lets him do whatever.  They were watching Thomas videos together.  All of the sudden Andrew is going back to watching Thomas and reading Thomas and all things Thomas.  Thank goodness my mom never got his Thomas super station and trains sold because he wants all things Thomas right now.  


Happy Valentines day!  We bought some chocolate covered strawberries and some themed sugar cookies to celebrate, but that was it.  Other than the Perry I couldn't wait to give him, we decided not to do much for Valentines day.  I did love looking at all the pretty roses at HyVee and the fun cakes, but there is no need to spend a ton of money on that stuff this year.  



Over the week whatever this is got better, but by Sunday it was still a dull roar.  I may have to take yet another week off, but not decided till my Tuesday run is due. I had decided to run half the distance all week and then hop back in the week post that.  Have a great week and stay tuned!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment