Sunday, February 7, 2021

Week 8 of 18: CUT BACK week and SUPERBOWL!

 Y'all, all of this pavement running is about to kill me.  I know, I know, we have been super spoiled this year with a very mild winter, but dang it, I need my gravel!



Stella got a much needed adjustment from Dr. A.  I don't even have to hold her anymore, she knows the good feeling is coming so she just lays there and takes the good and the bad.  I feel her, I am willing to go through some pain to know I will feel much much better post adjustment.  Case in point, my pubic bone being out of what.  HOLY MOLY that hurt SO bad to be adjusted but the pain I thought was a stress fracture is no more.  I will take it.  


We also headed to KC this week to meet with lawyers about estate planning.  Our new business insurance agent had set this whole thing up and I am SO glad he did.  While the questions were hard to think about, I am so glad we have a plan in place to protect our assets, our kiddo, and our livelihood if anything were to happen to Tony or I.  


The sunrises and sunsets have been glorious lately.  This was during our 8 miler on Wednesday night.  We shuffled runs around because Thursday was suppose to bring us snow and ice.  I really wish our iphone cameras could have really captured the glory that was this sunset.  


Thursday night's sunset wasn't near as pretty but I am loving running in the sun post work.  I had to pick an East/West route because of gusty cold North winds.  It's almost 3 miles from my house to the airport and I am happy to have that option.  


I had plans to run Friday as well since we have our one and only wrestling tournament Sunday in Wamego.  I am battling another niggle which made my decision easier to just take a rest day.  I am having this weird pain that starts in my groin and goes down to a spot in my quad. I can't palpate it so whatever muscle I have pissed off is super deep.  


Saturday was our longer run day of only 10 miles.  My hubby always laughs when I say ONLY anything.  He wishes he could run ONLY ten miles.  The weatherman had predicted snow but the timing kept moving back.  I don't like getting up super early on the weekends, but my body was ready to get up at 7 am and fuel.  The run was great other than we were heading due North and the snow was blowing into my eyeballs.  If I wore glasses, I couldn't see due to them fogging up but when I didn't, I had cold flakes to the eyeball.  My groin started acting up at the half way point and my fuel froze.  When we hit pavement, there was a thin layer of snow making for me pavement very slick so ended up walking much of the last mile. I did hit my pace pretty dead on until then, keeping myself at 11:30 miles on my runs and under 20 on my walks.  I am really trying hard to nail my race pace during my long runs and while I have to slow myself down some times, for the most part I am seeing lots of 11:30s on my watch and that makes me so happy!  This 50 miler is going to be a battle of pacing for me as i don't want to gas out early adn have to walk more later.  I HAVE to keep it under 15 minute miles to be under the cut off so the more I can train my brain and my body to stay at a certain pace, the better.  


Sunday was a bust for running.  We had our only wrestling tournament for the year.  Andrew had two matches and a real shot at 2nd place as one of his matches was his wrestling partner from practice.  Unfortunately as wrestling has gone for us for years now, it just wasn't Andrew's day and he was beat on points 17-1 in his first match and called for a pin when his shoulders were not on the ground AND the ref was not down low at all to really see.  We have had this call a few time before and what is sad is I have video proving his shoulders were not on the ground at all.  Both coaches coaching our boys said he was not pinned but what do you do?  He has had a hard but great season practicing.  We are so proud of his growth this year and will have to wait and see what he wants to do next year.  When we got done, I was exhausted and the super bowl was staring.  I decided since my groin/leg was bothering me, an extra rest day wouldn't hurt.  

Have a great week y'all!  It's going to be a seriously cold week with temps being below 0 and wind chills below that.  School is even talking about letting out for wind chills.  

No comments:

Post a Comment