Sunday, March 28, 2021

Race week! Prairie Spirit 50K (4 weeks till Flint Hill's 50)

 Y'all, I am not going to lie, I have so much stress in other areas of my life that running just hasn't been a priority this week.  I had a 6 and a 4 to do and then lots of rest leading up to the big day.  Between life and work and more life, I just didn't get those runs done like I would have liked and there is nothing I can do about it.  I just kept telling myself that not running was just letting my legs get fresher and any lingering issues to heal up.  I did run with my Girls on the Run girls both Monday and Thursday and I 6 miler on Wednesday.  I also decided not to lift all week and just rest.  



Most of the week was spent on race prep.  I don't get nervous about the 50K anymore but I do want everything ready to go so everything goes smooth.  The weather had been perfect all week.  Predicted highs had been in the 50s and due to cloud cover and a cool wind, we had not gotten out of the high 40s.  I wanted so badly for this to be the case for our race (spoiler alert, we got SO lucky).  


The plan was to stick to my waffles and also aid station food, with a bottle or two of tailwind thrown in as a supplement.  I decided to be brave and go with shorts and a tech T, with my jacket on top for layering, and shorts.  I don't mind my legs being cold, but something about the top of me being cold is a no go.  The night before the race we had tons of powerful thunderstorms and rain dumped on us.  This was a really good thing as the trail was not affected, but there were tons of puddles to the sides and lots of standing fresh water for the dogs to get wet and cool down in.  Anyway, going to leave the rest for my race report so check back to hear how it went!


Have a great week y'all!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment