Sunday, July 11, 2021

Last week of FREEDOM!

Short work week, but lots of work to catch up on being out for four days!  Two more months of summer running and I am seriously counting down the days. I am all about #teamwinter.


Monday was all about clean up.  I am so glad we had the day off but dang, I was not ready for the mess left at work from being off Friday-Monday.  Monday was also the last day of firing off fire works.  This holiday truly is my hubby's favorite, so he had spent a ton of money and we still have quite a few left.


We also took advantage of the after holiday sales.  I am a sucker for all things stars :)  Hoping this can be his fall picture day shirt.  It really makes his blue eyes pop.


When I came home from my very short and hot 4 miler, I came upon a chicken in a dog crate on my porch.  Yes, you read that right.  Not only do we live in the middle of the city with owls and foxes, we now have chickens.  Sigh.  I posted on the city FB page in hopes that someone might come forward that was missing a chicken.  I finally got a FB message at 4 pm that her mom was looking for her.  No more chicken, but an odd smell started wafting from under our porch.  Hmmm......TBC.


Now that we are post Covid, trying to do some fun things to make up for lost time. Our tiny town now has an 8 lane bowling alley complete with arcade and pool tables/dart boards.  Andrew wanted to go and they have really good pizza and beer, a win win situation.  We bowled two games and then played pool, one of my most favorite games of all.  Many a weekend we spent in Manhattan shooting pool at Fast Eddies as well as in Martin TN at Cadillacs.  If I could practice more and get better, I would totally do pool leagues.  Andrew of course prefers the claw machine and pacman.


Thursday meant running was on tap and I woke up to cooler temps, but holy moly the humidity was pretty close to 100%.    I decided to keep my run short since I still can being off plan and take stella.  I am pretty sure she smiled the entire run even if she was puffed out like a huge puff ball thanks to the humidity.  When we got home the smell was SO bad on our front porch and even in the house that we had to do something.  Tony fashioned a hook out of conduit and started dragging stuff out from under our porch.  I am not sure what IT was but IT was big, had brownish hair, was covered in maggots, and smelled horribly but was not bloated so hadn't been there too long.  It had part of a tail and I could sort of make out rings so maybe a raccoon is our best guess.  Not sure why it was under our porch unless it got hit and just crawled under there to die.  We really need to figure out a way to enclose that underneath so that doesn't happen again.  It was a HORRIBLE smell and if anyone drove by while tony and I were fishing it out, you would have seen lots of gagging and gasping.  


Friday was my first day back strength training.  I had moved all of my equipment to the shop and Tony had carved out a small space for me in the back to set up. I can't leave stuff out, I have to put it up every day post working out but I will take it.  I was kind of worried about the ability of the stand alone rack to handle the weight but they seem very stable and very convenient.  I did a simple set of 10 back squats, 10 regular deadlifts, 30 second planks, and 30 second one leg balances with a kettle bell held over my head.  Easy peasy but oh so hard!  We also were dealt some bad news Friday afternoon at the shop.  One of our service guys who has been a very hard worker for us has decided to give his body some rest and take a break from electrical work.  Being of the same stature as me, he has been the one for years to go in all of the crawl spaces and attics and his body is just not having it anymore even though he is in his 30s.  He has been involved in some pretty awesome ministry at his church and with area wide foster youth and his heart is telling him that this is an area that might need to be explored in the future as employment.  We wish him all the best in his next endeavor and will be on the look out in the next few weeks for a new service guy who will have big shoes to fill.


   
Friday night we had some big windy thunderstorms roll through.  Not sure if it was the wind or lightening that got so many trees in our town but it looked like a war zone.  That also means lots of people with trees near their houses got their service ripped off.  We don't technically do emergency or weekend work, but if it is a repeat good customer we will if we have guys to work.  It just so happened most of our guys were in town working at our big industrial customer anyway, so one agreed to go do one of the service calls we got.  


In the meantime, our favorite local winery was having a bbq food truck and music later on.  We decided to go early as previous food trucks had run out of food or were just about out when we arrived.  We got there and the band was setting up, but the food truck had just pulled up.  While waiting for both to set up, a small storm blew through with a little bit of rain, but the nasty stuff stayed south of us.  


Was pretty cool to watch the storm approach, dump a little rain, and then move on.  We decided to go ahead and get a bottle of wine and enjoy the cool evening while we waited on food.  About the time we started eating the service call we had been working at got power turned back on but for some reason the power was not coming into the house.  Tony decided to go and check it out and leave us at the winery, thinking it would be a short call.  Two hours later, we needed to head home before the sun set if we were going to head out on foot.  


I run this route regularly so I know it's about a mile and a half.  We both had flip flops on, which made the trek a little more challenging, but we made the walk and had fun doing so (even if he had a sour look on his face).  


I knew Sunday that we were suppose to have rain in the morning, so getting up super early didn't need to happen.  Lucky me, got to sleep in till 8 and then hang out while the showers showered and then moved out.  Boom and I still had plenty of cloud cover and a nice wind to keep us cool.  There were also tons of fresh puddles on the road for boom boom to cool off in.  Not going to lie, still felt those bottles of wine but we made it through 6 miles on the gravel.  


Every day he gets a little better and more consistent at running.  He will never be like my stella ella but I am starting to have more fun with him running wise.



Have a great week y'all!  It's going to be busy with lots of racing practice, lots of appointments, a last minute art class for Andrew in Manhattan, and race day!  Plus, I start back on my official racing schedule and this is a super short week of 3 runs, cross training, and strength training.  












No comments:

Post a Comment