Monday, July 5, 2021

Base Build in 2 weeks?????

 


Another week and more fun!  We started out by cat sitting our friend's 11 cats.  Thank goodness they are all spayed and neutered!  I want the orange one soooo bad!


Little man got his first shiner.  We are not having a lot of luck at boys and girls club this year.  First Covid and now this.  I am surprised this is the first time.



After a long night Monday night, getting up early was not in the cards.  Luckily my hubby could take the kiddo to BG club so I could get some quick miles.    Yeah for clouds, boo for humidity.  


Wednesday meant the fair a block from our house opened.  It is SO nice to get back to some sort of normal even if variants are running wild.  We got arm bands and we got our money's worth.  This is Andrew overcoming his fear of scary rides.  I told him he would love the scrambler and I was right!  He rode with his girlfriend several times.  We ended up closing down the fair :)


Thursday morning meant a 5.8 mile run to celebrate my running BRF's 58 birthday!  It was super duper humid, but there was a cool breeze.  The dogs needed to stop several times to drink from puddles and cool off, but being dog runners we are use to that.  


One more run for the week on Saturday.  A nice slow 4 miler for the 4th, except it was the 3rd.  One more week of taking it easy before we dive back into training officially.  


Probably do a separate post for Boomtown.  We invited several families from the track and two came to party with us.  I think we all had an amazing time and I think we are already planning for next year.  I always think Wamego can't outdo the previous year and then the next year comes and they blow it out of the water.  If you haven't been to Wamego for the 4th, you are missing out and i will gladly let you have VIP passes to see the BEST fireworks show ever.  30 minutes straight of a finale set to music??? Yes please!



Have a great week y'all!



No comments:

Post a Comment