Monday, June 28, 2021

I'm Breaking FREE!

Eighteen days of quarantine DONE!  It could have been worse if I had been negative and Tony had been positive, so I will take it.  I am not going to lie, I really did like working from home and staying in my pjs all day.  The zoom meetings I had I just put on a polo and kept my pjs on the bottom :)


Monday and Tuesday were both unseasonably cool.  We woke up to low humidity and cool breezes. Can summer be like this all summer?  Decided to let Stella have a spin since Boom handles heat a little better right now.  I really had no clue how my body was going to react post Covid, but other than just feeling a little out of shape, everything was good.  



The rest of the week running wise was more hit than miss.  We woke up Thursday to rain and storms and also Friday to storms.  I like not missing sleep, but also I need to get some base building done when it isn't 1000 degrees outside.  Unfortunately, most nights were not the best for even short runs as we were busy at the track or at the pool, or it was a million degrees plus humidity.  I did get into the chiro and got so much needed work done.  Thanks to the huge amount of life stress and sitting at our dining room table for large amounts of time (no padding, no back on the chairs), I was a hot mess in my back and shoulder region.  I really need to get in and have a really good deep tissue massage.  


I did get a run in finally on Saturday, only because I got to sleep till 7 am and the cloud cover made it possible.  Boom and I got 5 miles in and had mostly cool, but humid miles.  There was tons of water on the road from the recent rains and Boom is getting much better about drinking on the run, although he seems to prefer puddles to fresh water.  He is vaccinated for Lepto before you worry :)  Th rest of the saturday was about doing a million things we needed to do post Covid, including my favorite, a Target trip and a trip to my most favorite antique store Eclectic Charm.  



Sunday was all about racing. My hope was that with me there this weekend, fewer cars in his class, and a few practices under out belt that Andrew would be brave.  While I certainly saw moments of brilliance, those moments were pretty short. Part of the problem is we are fighting both cars now with some sort of unseen issues that are making both slow and we knew this from his practices.  He is starting to come around and try and battle, but the other cars are tuned in so well and so much faster (6.3 versus our 6.7 best lap in one class) that we just can't compete.  Tony and I are coming to this from a very non racing background, so what we know and what we do comes from  YouTube and asking friends/reading books.  It really puts us to a disadvantage when most of these kids have dads and grand dads that are racers and set up their own race cars weekly.  Overall it still was a good day and I am proud of his 5th and 4th place finishes.  


At the end of the day this is what it is all about anyway.  Andrew and his buddies having a great time after they battle on the track.  Plus bonus, we got a free air show while we were racing thanks to the air strip being so close to our track.  Look at this awesome picture our race photographer got!  They even did a simulated battle and it was LOUD!


Have a great week y'all!  It's 4th of July week and that is our favorite holiday here in Boomtown.  My parents are coming up and we are having a little party with some of our track friends.  I can't wait!





No comments:

Post a Comment