Monday, June 7, 2021

Sickness?

 I will say this week starting out much better for me.  I was a little more regular with my running and even went as far as contacting a lifting coach to start the process of getting a strength cycle started. I am very low on motivation right now for anything outside of running and my kiddo's racing, but I need to get back to my bike and back to my weights.  My hubby made a little home gym area for me at the shop and I am ready to start using it!  


Monday was a day "off" which I put in quotations because I truly never take a day off since we own our own business.  It was nice that banks had been closed two days and that I couldn't do a lot of the accounting stuff I need to do.  I did go for a run in the rain with Stella and then we headed off to a BBQ where I got to cuddle some insanely cute kittens.  I would love another cat, but I really really want an indoor only cat and this cat has been outdoors exclusively.  It was dog savy but still, it would have to be kept in a room by itself till I felt like it was big enough to defend itself while I was at work.  My dogs are sweethearts BUT prey drive can kick in at any moment and I do NOT want the circle of life to happen in my house.  


Tuesday we headed to the track to practice.  We made the car slower not faster.  It's so nice to have andrew not be part of the equation now that his lines are good and he is keeping his foot in the gas.  There are SO many moving parts on these cars that need to be fine tuned to get faster (and sometimes slower).  


Took boom boom out Wednesday post work.  Since we still had water on the road I felt comfortable running him later in the day.  I am still not ready for summer.  


Thursday we headed to the track again to try and fix what we had screwed up LOL!  Times stayed the same even with the changes, so we were leaving it like it was and moving forward.  On the way home from eating with some of our track family, Andrew fell asleep in the car.  No big deal, he had been staying up later at night since we don't have to be anywhere early in the morning.  Got him home and in bed and he felt a little warm, so I took his temp.  99.1 so no big deal right?  He woke me up at 1:30 hot and very uncomfortable.  Took his temp and it was 103!!!!!  I am not one to use fever reducers, but I quickly got some advil in him as he was miserable, put ice packs under his arms and on his chest, and got him to start sucking down popsicles.  I got it down to 102 and he went back to sleep, but of course I was wide awake.  Maybe adrenalin?  Let him sleep in since I can work from home and he slept till 10 am!  Woke up fever free so hoped we could still go to the races on the weekend.  We were literally packing up and heading to the track and I noticed rosy cheeks.  Sigh.  Took his temp and it was going up.  No racing for us this weekend which means two 0s that we will have to throw out.  Sigh.  Plus all of his hard work and the fact that I work hard for the club in the tower doing many duties including scoring, some announcing, posting to the whatsapp, and doing awards all wouldn't be happening.  Plus, I have learned to do the square so I can take registrations and record them for accounting, which I have to do a few days post race anyway.  We don't have a ton of volunteers on race day, so if one of us is gone, it's very tough for the crew that is left.  Plus, we had a hotel with a swimming pool and were going to invite andrew's friends over for some swimming .   


Of course by the time he spiked again, our doctor's office was closing.  Since he does go to boys and girls club and we had been at the track the night before, I decided to take him to the walk in clinic to see if there was any obvious issues we could treat.  Strep had been going around, but his tonsils looked okay.  We swabbed anyway, something he HATED and fought the dr tooth and nail.  They also decided to go ahead and swab for Covid even though all he basically had was a fever.  He again fought and screamed as they tried to swab him.  Of course that meant that I was instantly in quarantine with him, since I was only 1 week post my second shot.  Tony has had both of his shots for weeks, so he was good to go according to the CDC website.  I had to quickly get to the track to turn in my stuff so they could do registration and pay people for any reimbursements, since I am the treasurer.  I also had to do it without talking to anyone or running into anyone just in case.  Driving back I saw the most beautiful shooting star on the western horizon.  I don't know who was sending me a message but I felt the awe and love.  


Andrew continued to run a fever on and off all weekend.  I got in two runs thankfully and kept my sanity in quarantine.  I also was able to work from a far for the track which helped me not feel 1000 times horrible for not being there.  I could watch the races via the payperview app and work the Whatsapp on Sunday.  I could also watch the square and figure out accounting stuff as the day progressed, which helps me when it comes time for accounting.  



We got the dreaded call late Sunday night that Andrew was indeed positive for Covid.  I was super glad I let my gut rule me and stayed home from helping at the track.  As I type this we are awaiting the call from the health department on quarantine guidelines.  I am only 1 week post my Covid shot, so not fully vaccinated.  Tony is over a month post his second shot so he is FULLY vaccinated and of course Andrew is sick, although fever free at the moment.  I am sure he got it from Boys and Girls club as they were unmasked and mixed together all week.   I couldn't sleep Sunday night at all worrying about who we may have exposed two days prior to him coming down with symptoms.  I am glad my hubby and I are vaccinated as is most of my family.  I am glad for shorter quarantines now, but I am sure we will have to cancel his b day party that he has looked so forward to having since he didn't get one at all last year either.  Stay tuned for more details.  At least I can get out and run and I can work from home with my job now.  It's the little things that keep you sane.  Pray for no symptoms for me and pray my Covid test comes back negative when I am allowed to be tested.     Also pray that Andrew continues to get better as he only has a fever and a stopped up nose at this point.  



Have a great week y'all!





No comments:

Post a Comment