Sunday, June 20, 2021

Quarantine Week 2

Hello, it's the mutant Colemans here :)  We are currently hunkered down for a while, while our bodies process Covid.  So far it's been an interesting ride.  Get ready for some memes because pictures from my yard and the house are kind of boring and those are the only places I have been lately.



First off let me start with my new mantra.  I am working hard to live by this and stop being such a people pleaser. I am finding that I can not make everyone happy and it's not my job.  I also need to stop apologizing for living my life.  I owe no one anything and you the reader don't either.  Let's rise up together!  


Monday started out like the Monday before, working from home and waiting to hear something from the lab.  I am glad we had rapid tests done, so we at least knew what we were up against.  I felt on again and off again good and bad.  The Covid roller coaster I had seen my own son go through is not a fun ride. 


Tuesday I woke up hoping to get a short run in before the heat they were predicting was to set in.  We have had a blessing of low humidity for a while now and I really wanted to take advantage.  Except my body waved the white flag and I had to listen to it.   I unfortunately had a 9:30 zoom meeting that I had to pull myself together for, so I slept till about 8 and then drank as much coffee as I could muster, brushed my hair, and pulled myself together.   Post having some not so fun conversations, I struggled through the day till I could go back to bed and die.  I did call the health department to see if our positive tests were in the system, since our rapid tests were done on Saturday.  They had no record of either our rapid or our lab confirmed test being done.  Sigh. Once again if this is the monkeying around people have to do, I can see how this mess gets spread far and wide. I also lost my sense of taste and smell Tuesday night.  It was super duper weird.  I had a big bowl of ice cream after a session of trampoline jumping and I could taste every single delicious bite.  When dinner time rolled around and the hubby made some yummy spaghetti, I couldn't taste a thing.  I could feel the textures of the foods, but no taste.  My diet coke tasted like warm nothingness.  Then I took a shower and couldn't smell the soap, the shampoo, or the after shower lotion.  This is such a weird virus!


Wednesday was also the day of all the meetings.  Our business networking group started off they day and our quarter midget track club ended the day.  Y'all know this, but I just need to type it here to get it off my chest.  I am a huge empath.  If you are angry, I feel your anger as if it were my own.  If you are sad, I absorb it.  If you are mad at me I feel your anger and my feelings as well.  At times it's a bit much because I can't just feel my own emotions, I feel everything you are feeling too.  I am not saying you can't feel emotions around me, everyone can.  I am learning how to block it to a degree, but somedays like when I am sick or tired or whatever, I just don't have that skill and it kills me.  Wednesday was just one of those days for me.  


Thursday was probably the worst day Covid wise of all the Covid days.  Not sleeping much the night before, letting go of some really stressful stuff, and trying to wrap my brain around some relationships I have, just left me with nothing in the tank.  My pulse ox was all over the place and my heart rate was also high compared to what I normally am at.  I had horrible chills, but no fever, and my head felt like it was going to explode.  I felt like I needed to sleep, but was terrified to sleep by myself with just andrew around, just in case I did have issues with breathing.  I could take a deep breath no problems, no tightness in my chest, but still very worried as to why the pulse ox was fluctuating so much.  I finally starting running a fever, but it stayed below 100. Just enough of a fever to make me feel like pure poop.  I had hoped for an early bed time but right before i was headed, I looked for a document that I had worked on for 3 hours earlier in the day and it was gone.  Like poof, never existed, gone.  I finally found it, but the document had been completely renamed????.  This is seriously the weirdest thing ever because I downloaded the document with a name that included the word June.  Post downloading it I edited it and saved it multiple times and  added the words "TKQMA" and "2021" to the title.  How it reverted to a name that had neither of those words in it and added words makes NO sense to me, but at least I found it and it existed and I had not dreamed it up.  Of course adrenalin running through your veins does not make you sleep, so I was still wide awake at 11 pm.  


The ONLY good part of this week was that Andrew was back to normal and had fun building a late birthday present Lego set.  While I was super bummed it was to be delivered post his birthday, it came at the perfect time for him to have something to do.  Two days and almost 3 thousand pieces later, he made R2D2 a reality.  He amazes me with his skills because this set was for 18+ and he only asked for help once.

I slept till a little past 9 on Friday and honestly I think I needed sleep more than anything. The head congestion finally let go a little and I could actually smell a little bit.  I still took it very easy all day and mostly did computer work or sat on the porch.  The health department finally called and discussed our quarantine periods (which are almost over) and symptoms.  They were pretty honest in that there were 14 cases in our area, but that people were not getting tested that were sick so that number was very misleading.  Most people were loading up on fever reducing meds and going back to life or just waiting till they were a few days fever free to go back to life.  No judgements, you have to do what you have to do, but it totally explains how this mess just gets spread and how it's never going to end no matter how careful a person can be.


Saturday was another day of sleeping in.  Another almost 12 hour night of sleep that can do nothing but help me get better.  I woke up feeing a ton better and decided to try and tackle some much needed yard work and work work.  The temps were high but the clouds were out and I managed to get most done before the sun peaked out and started baking me.  I spent most of the rest of the afternoon resting in the recliner watching musicals and Downton Abbey.  Finally finished In the Heights and while I didn't love the first half, I certainly did love the second half and now will need to watch it all the way through again.  


Since both the boys were off of quarantine and it had been almost 2 weeks since the cars had been to the track, Tony and Andrew headed out to a super short practice in the heat.  No one was at the track so perfect time to get some laps in and not be around people.  While I am only a few short days away from hitting my 10, I am still a little nervous the boys are back out around others.  


Sunday was race day and I was dying not being able to be there or be able to watch via payperview. I had to hop from live video to live video on Facebook, as the moms at the track were taping their kiddo's classes.   Andrew did not race well and I am not sure why.  I am sure not being heat acclimated and just coming out of quarantine from Covid probably had a lot to do with it.   One of his cars was just not running right at all and his other car while fast, was not fast enough.  It's hard because his last races were so much better and had so much improvement and now we kind of feel like we are back to square one.  I even thought a few times about getting out and trying to do a walk or a bike ride and elected to stay inside, stay cool, and wait a few more days to try and reintroduce myself into the athletic world.  


Happy Father's day to all of those fathers out there!  Hope you had an amazing day where you got to chill out, eat good food, and do what you love.  I am saying a big Happy Father's day to my step dad Tommy who raised me, my genetic dad Mike Gordon, Tony's genetic dad Omar, and to Andrew's newest pops Bob.  


Here is to hoping next week will be better right?  I will be out of quarantine and back to work Monday, Andrew will be at camp and swimming at night, and I will hopefully be able to do some sort of athletic endeavors.  Have a great week y'all!  

 







No comments:

Post a Comment