Sunday, May 30, 2021

Covid Shot #2!

Let's start out with a laugh shall we?


Now on to Michelle is serious.  Have you ever said something that you instantly regret?  Something that comes out of your mouth and the second it leaves your lips, you want to take it back?  I did this very thing this week.  I am not proud of myself, it should have never been said, even if it was the truth.  I was and am insanely stressed and tired, and am reacting off of emotion lately and it sucks.  It's not the first time, sometimes I speak before I really think it through, and I am sure it won't be the last time, but I am embarrassed and frankly disappointed in myself because it affected someone else, not just me.   I try so hard to fight for the truth, to do what's right, and sometimes I just slip up and fail when I get this emotional.  I need to go back to my girls on the run lesson about toothpaste, how once it comes out, you can never get it back in.  I also need to say things out loud to myself first and not just pop off immediately to my friends, as you never know who is listening or who something will be repeated to and how it will affect the end party. I have thrown myself on my own sword several times this week and I still don't feel any better, but I have to move on and i hope by blogging my feelings this will help.  Onward. 



Let's talk about some good things now.  Last day of school.  Andrew has had an amazing year and I am SO glad that he got the best teacher for him and his amazing little creative brain.  We have been all in all year and the teachers, staff, and crew at our school has gone above and beyond to make this a good school year for all of our kiddos despite all of the challenges Covid threw at them.  Andrew finished the year above grade average in all of his subjects with all As and two B pluses in English and spelling.  My favorite grade?  A 100% in SCIENCE!!!!!!  He no longer needs to be in the special reading program and he is no longer in weekly tutoring.  We are going to let him have a summer of fun with camps, swimming, racing, and lots of laziness LOL!  He finished the year in size L/XL clothes dependent on the brand, size 5 shoes, 97 lbs, and 4 ft 6 inches tall.  


I got two runs in this week and zero rehab or strength training.  Again, it is what it is and I am viewing this as time for the dang shin to completely and totally heal.  My watch was all about giving me guilt trips about overreaching when I did run.  Dang watch, just doing 2-3 runs a week and taking my time.  Guess maybe it's because my sleep hasn't been the best?  I like doing 4-5 mile runs as my base runs because heck my body doesn't warm up till I have run 2-3 miles, so maybe it thinks that's too far for me where I am right now in training or lack of training.  I had plans of doing 4 runs again this week, but that quickly fell apart with the rain and with me getting my second Covid shot and just not getting a lot of sleep early in the week.  


I had hoped I would be one of the lucky ones that had no reaction at all to the second shot.  Number 1 just gave me a super sore arm for 3 days, so I really did have hope.  Andrew went with me to get my shot and he asked the nurse so many questions and had her in stitches laughing.  He kept thinking it was a trick to get his shot, but I told him a million times (and I am not exaggerating) that his age group was not approved yet.  Post shot I felt fine, a little bit of arm soreness again, nothing more.  Then sometime during the night the fevers began and I tossed and turned and sweated most of the night.  I woke up with a fever in the high 100s and stayed that way the majority of the day.  The boys planned a fishing trip,  and I had the house all to myself so the dogs and I cuddled up and binged watched a show, something I NEVER do. Watch Mare of East Town ASAP.  You won't be disappointed.  


No fish were caught because no fish were biting, but they had a ton of fun hanging out at the lake.  The boys even came home and did the mowing for me!!!!  I am not down and out very often, so while I would have liked the day to be minus the fever and body aches, I did enjoy sitting cuddled up with my dogs watching HBO max and Disney Plus.  We rented Cruella and it is a MUST see, plus the soundtrack is amazing!


I felt much better Sunday, but decided another rest day would not hurt.  I briefly contemplated a short run or a bike as the weather is absolutely perfect right now for both, but once I got up and going,  didn't feel up to pushing myself so gave myself grace to rest.  I did work in the flower bed for a little bit, but even that was a little too much and I paid for it by being completely wiped.  One of my mom friends came through and took Andrew to the pool so I could just be a big ole slug and do nothing for a bit and I can't thank her enough, even if they closed the pool right after they got there and they ended up at the park instead.  



I've learned some really important lessons this week.  Mainly the value of friends and delaying your response, even when it is something you are super passionate about.  Sometimes the job isn't to point out the truth, sometimes it just to sit back and listen and let others come to the truth in however they need to.   It hurts me to see so many people that i do dearly love and do consider still to this day my very close friends be all upset at each other but I know this too shall pass.  I am also super glad to be done with my Covid shot.  I am not here to preach to anyone.  I chose to get my vaccination because I would never be able to live with myself if I gave my parents Covid.  I also personally worked with mRNA in my research for years and even though I did not use it for this specific purpose, I understand it, trust it, and totally think this is the coolest application EVER for mRNA.  



And last but not least, I made the leap and bought a new shoe for running.  I will get it this week and I am so excited but nervous as always.  While I LOVE my altras, zero drop running has never loved me no matter how I tried to get into it.  I was running with in thin insert in to try and mitigate the 0 drop but even that was not really helping enough.  I am going to try the Topo Ultra adventures and see what I think.  My running store does not carry them and could not get them in stock, so had to just order them and pray I got the sizing right based on what others told me about sizing.  Keep your fingers crossed these shoes work for me and that i didn't just throw away 130 bucks :)

Y'all have a great week!  I am going to try to keep some things that are stressing me way out in perspective and try and just chill and go with the flow.  We have a 2 day race coming up which is always fun, but also loads of stress as we usually have many out of town families come to race, so keep me in your prayers :)









No comments:

Post a Comment