Sunday, May 16, 2021

Race Week Two!

 Another week of three runs, no strength training (ooops), and Points Race #2.  Going to keep this short and simple.




Most of my runs were pretty short with a 5 miler, a four miler, and a 5 miler.  If I am going to get back to four days a week, morning running will be a MUST.


Lots of practicing at night.  Figuring out the cars is a full time job some days for my hubby.  Add into the mix an 8 year old that somedays just doesn't want to put 100 percent effort in.  If we didn't see improvement every single time he practices and races, we would be done LOL!


Crazy eyes and Boom got some gravel road time.


She is such a poser.  I love this time of year when all the pretty flowers bloom.


First morning run of the year.  Up at 5:25 and out by 5:45.  Need to get out earlier because I did not have time to get myself and my kiddo ready for school and not be late.  One more week of school and then we will be on summer break which will make life easier.


This shin is being super stubborn.  We are attacking it with lots of scrapping, and rehab exercises.  I feel like I once again spend most of my day doing rehab exercises (i don't but it feels like it).


He is starting to not appreciate my constant picture taking of him.  


Mud run Sunday thanks to the all day rain.  So lucky aussies dry quickly.  


Race number 2 went much better.  Andrew still didn't finish as well as we thought he could BUT we saw improvement in both cars in both races.  He was hit yet again but it didn't take him out this time and he was able to come back and finish the feature.  He held off a couple of kids in Jr Honda and finished 5th and finished 4th out of 5 in Jr Animal.  Lots of good stuff for sure, a long way to go for sure, but I am seeing good things and that's all that matters.  

Have a great week y'all!  


No comments:

Post a Comment