Monday, May 10, 2021

Practice at a different kind of track and HAPPY MOTHER's DAY


 I am still kind of in recovery mode trying to get this stupid shin to calm the F down, so enjoy some random photos of my dogs, flowers, and kid.  I want to try and get 20-25 miles a week, but right now I am lucky to get 3 runs a week in with our busy schedule.  This means that morning running is going to have to make a come back so I don't have an excuse to not run.  Sigh.  I hate feeling like a zombie, but at least in the summer Robin is off work and Andrew doesn't have to be at camp at any certain time.  It's kind of like dieting, it really doesn't suck as bad as my brain thinks it does once I get into it and use to it, but my brain likes to put up a huge road block until I actually get into the thick of getting up early and or dieting.  



I ran a few times this week.  One run was amazing, one run sucked horribly, and the other run was a mud run.  


I ran two times with both dogs and one time with just boom boom.  


We got to the track several times this week as well. We are still trying to get cars dialed in and fixed which is challenging as we still are learning so much ourselves and dealing with a kiddo that is still somewhat cautious at times.  He may never win a checkered flag but dang, doesn't he make a super cute race car driver?


Got another session of scraping and fascia blasting done with some pretty bruising.  I hope that means we finally got to the root of this issue.  I admit while I sit here typing this, it feels a million times better and that is with not taking my tumeric the last two days because of mom brain fog. 


Celebrated mother's day all weekend:)  Got to sleep late both days till 9 am!!!!  I had some furniture at the antique store I really wanted and some running stuff I really wanted, so hubby obliged.  He is such a sucker.  Also got a super cute sign for our front porch.  We visited the winery in our industrial park for tasty food truck food and more shopping as they were doing a sip and shop with local vendors.  It was an AMAZING weekend and I am so blessed!  Also on mother's day, got to go have a few beers at Manhattan Brewing company and eat my favorite chinese.






We did have our first tornado scare of the season.  After a relatively calm storm season last year, we had some pretty bad storms predicted Saturday afternoon/night.  We got some track time and had dinner in Wamego and got safely home before the lightning started.  After a while of nothing, all of our phones started going nuts and the sirens started.  Huh.  Nothing really going on outside yet, but we all headed to the basement and then it hit us.  Our basement is not finished but it does the job of keeping us underground and safe.  The only problem is those steps go straight down and the dogs hate them.  After putting harnesses on and handing them down into the basement (and stella running upstairs in a panic), we finally all got settled.  Except Andrew was having a huge panic attack and somehow called all of his race track friends on kid's messenger.  It was after 10 so he woke some parents up calling, but one answered and talked him into being calm.  Sigh.  That stinker.  



Have a great week y'all!!!!  









No comments:

Post a Comment