Monday, September 27, 2021

Week 11 of 12: Training for the Hell Creek 20 miler

 Me right now:



Sigh.  SO much drama, so much stress.  I am putting up boundaries and they are not being very well received right now.  I have to. I am prone to anxiety and to depression if I get too far in the hole, and I don't want to go back there.  I hope people can understand and respect this decision.  I fear they will not, but for once I have to think about myself.  I am really leaning on good friends and my mom to help me talk it out as that is the best therapy for me.  I seriously could write a book about the drama but at this time, I will not bore you with the details. Although, sometimes when I verbalize it to those who are not close to it, it sounds absolutely insane.  


Monday: Rest

Tuesday: 4 miles    

Wednesday: 3 miles with speedwork

Thursday: Rest

Friday: Cross train

Saturday: 9 miles    

Sunday: 4 miles


Monday:  Rest day.  See the above.



Tuesday:  4 miles.  Beautiful cool fall like temps and humidity.  YUCK.  Still sucking wind trying to deal with humidity. 



Wednesday:  Rest day.  



Thursday:  3 miles WITH SPEEDWORK.  Yes, you read that right.  I did fartleks during my 3 miler.  Boom was not impressed and says he doesn't like speedwork, thank you very much.  Stella also came with, but she was loose so she could go whatever speed she liked.  She did quite well keeping up though.  We all like the cooler temps and low humidity.    


The dogs are getting a bark box now and love it!

Friday: Rest day.  Was suppose to cross train but had our first girls on the run coaches meeting and had drinks and dinner with our new coaches.  We have 25 girls this year and I am SUPER excited!



Saturday: 4 miles and football!  We played our first home game and a very tough opponent.  I seriously almost had a heart attack when I saw their kids walk out. Some of them looked like high school kids.  Honestly, their team beat themselves on offense.  They had several false starts, they had several face masks calls, and they had a touch down reversed due to a block in the back/false start.  We had several good plays, but they did a pretty good job on defense and didn't let the boys run the score up like we did the week before.  Andrew didn't get a ton of playing time till the 5th quarter and I am fine with that because we wanted to win and the game was close.  He did get to play the whole 5th quarter offense and defense, and that was fun to watch.  Again he got two big blocks that created giant holes that helped his runner score.  Afterwards he played hard with his football buddies and that made me SO happy.  



Sunday:  Long run day!  Got up at 4 am to get in 2 hours of running, whatever that looked like and however far that might take us.  I think in the end we got around 9 miles.  The weather was amazing and cool and I couldn't get enough of it.  I am crossing my fingers that the race day will be this nice. I did cheat and took some advil pre run and my leg cooperated.   



Racing was eh. No adult drama per se, but a mixed bag with the cars.  We had not practiced all week thanks to being exhausted from football.  He beat a kid in Sr honda in the heat race and then that kid beat him in the feature.  He did race with three other of the older kids and didn't look too nervous or scared.  He just ran his line and stayed out of their way (they are about 3 to 4 tenths faster right now).  They gave him lots of advice, which I hope he takes to heart since it came from the cool kids.  He only had 2 other cars in Senior Animal and our car had issues in both the heat and feature.  He finally got out on the track for the heat after 3 times of the chain falling off, but then had no brakes for the feature so was not allowed out there.  We are just in the class for experience at this point, so any experience with the good kids is worth it.  

What I actually accomplished this week:

Monday: Rest

Tuesday: 4 miles    

Wednesday: Rest

Thursday: 3 miles with speedwork

Friday: Rest

Saturday: 4 miles    

Sunday: 9 miles


Have a great week y'all and I am going to do the same.  Just keeping my head up and will heed dory's advice and just keep swimming.  



No comments:

Post a Comment