Sunday, October 3, 2021

Week 12 of 12: Training for Hell Creek 20 miler

I'm not going to go day by day this week because most of this week was spent resting and getting ready.  My leg had been giving me moments of no pain and moments of why the heck am I doing this pain.  I know it's just a horrible case of shin splints and I can't do permanent damage, but this may cost me a stress fracture, but also I am so close to the race and i just want to finish.  Yeah, stupid runner logic, I know.  


Most of the week was spent watching the weather.  As the week went on, the high temp kept dropping, but the rain chance kept going up.  At one point they posted that if they kept getting rain that the trail council might shut down our race and put us on the road.  This isn't the most technical of all of the trail races, I really if at all possible wanted to be on the trails versus 20 miles on the road with my shin screaming like it had been. 



The only other big exciting thing this week other than the race was the start of Girls on the Run and the winning of the homecoming football game.  We had 26 girls sign up with two teams being formed and 6 coaches including 2 outside coaches plus me.  Our red raiders won their homecoming game on a thrilling 2 point conversion in overtime.  Andrew actually got to go down on the field and celebrate with the big kids.  


Stay tuned for the race recap!  It's going to be good!


No comments:

Post a Comment