Sunday, January 23, 2022

Covid part 1 million


Covid came to visit us again which meant back into quarantine thanks to Andrew not being 2 weeks past his second shot and our school shutting down their test to stay program due to being super overwhelmed.  Covid is never anyone's fault and I think there was a lot of finger pointing with this one, but I digress.  Andrew got two free days out of school  and two days in school since we didn't get the test results till Wednesday afternoon and he was out Monday for the holiday.  I quickly pulled him from school as soon as I had heard he was exposed to a positive, as well as his wrestling practice for Thursday, and his wrestling tournament Saturday.  We were able to get homework/remote work for him to do helping him keep from getting behind when he hopefully joined back with the class post testing on Monday.  Give him a ton of good luck, prayers, and good juju that he is negative as we are all symptom free.  I am lucky in that I can still be at work and around people as long as I wear my mask since I am vaccinated and boosted.  I kind of like wearing a mask because my face can stay toasty warm in this cold time.  Here is how the rest of the week played out.


I got four runs in this week, YIPPPEEE!  I did an easy run with both dogs Tuesday, did a treadmill speedwork session before my emergency board meeting Thursday, and ran Saturday after the wrestling tournament, and a Sunday long run.



I will have to say I am loving bringing back a little speedwork to my training rotation.  I can see the results already because even when I am doing my run 4 walk 1 minute intervals, my 4 minutes have been much much speedier.  Of course the weather has been amazing and cold, and that always helps my speed, but seeing some 10s on my easy runs and not feeling like I am dying has been nice.



In other non running/non Covid news, I got my hair cut and colored with my christmas gift card.  I went with a darker red with some natural looking highlights.  She was able to stay away from bleaching my hair at all since my hair is pretty thin and fine, and just used my natural colors to create highlights. I love it and wish I could curl my hair like that every day.  She made me feel so amazing and I just love how my hair looks!



Now if I could just get this one to cut his hair!  It's getting so long it's going straight, but not straight down, straight out.  He was kind of happy to have a couple of days off and gladly and easily got his remote work done quickly.  While I hope that we aren't quarantined for the rest of next week pending his test, I do think the process is going to be pretty simply for us.  I took a PCR test last week and was negative and am still symptom free, so knocking on wood.  

Have a great week y'all!



No comments:

Post a Comment