Thursday, January 6, 2022

New Year, same old me!



I am not one for resolutions and for that reason, I am not making any!  I don't even have a word for 2022 because thus far 2022 hasn't been very kind and me and it and I are not getting a long.  Maybe  Faith should be my word because that is all I have right now.  So far we have had a death, our pipes have frozen, and we have all been exposed to Covid and that is all in a matter of 6 days.  All I can do is keep my head up and plow on.  I also have not had time to work on my year end numbers blog or pictures. Sigh.  It's just been cray cray around here.  



My first run of the new year was on the dreadmill and I chose to do the snowman run from the AMR Joy to the Run program to keep my sanity.  Why is it that I feel like I am dying at slower speeds on the mill than when I am out running?  My fast for the fast portion has been 9:30s on the road and I wasn't even able to break a 10 on the mill.  I guess I should be thankful that at least I have a mill in my house.  My second run was in loops around our rec complex in feels like 10 degrees. I couldn't fathom another mill run which meant choosing super cold over mundane.   Again, I should be thankful that it was clear and half way lighted, but after 4 loops and not even 3 miles and my phone dying due to the cold, I couldn't take it anymore and gave up at 3.5 miles.  I also got a longish run in at 6 miles with boom and a recovery run with 3.something miles with Stella both outside on my normal route.  I love this time of year because I can sleep in and go out any time versus rushing to beat the heat and the sun.



I actually did some strength training!  I really like the AMR short, 25 minute work outs.  I am usually drenched in sweat and not too horribly sore the day after.  I have really regressed with a lot of my exercises and what I can do, but it gives me a starting place and a place to work back to.  



They laid my father to rest on Saturday.  Due to our Covid exposure, I did not travel down to Tennessee to attend and instead viewed the service online.  We had several family members that had Covid exposure who didn't get to attend so I am very thankful they had the services where we could all see.  I am very proud of my dad for turning his life around and making his last few years for the good of others.  It sounded like he was a great addition to his local church and that he would be very sorely missed by all.  I made a photo album of pictures of my dad and mom and I  found a grand total of 9 photos between us in photo albums.  This pretty much sums up our relationship.  Glad he is in a better place now and not struggling to breath, but feel horrible for my uncle Tony and Aunt Shirley and his wife Janice for their loss.  Praying they can figure out a new normal without him in it.  

Sorry to end on such a bummer note.  Have a great week y'all!  We should all be out of Covid jail if all of our testing comes back negative on Monday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment