Monday, January 17, 2022

Short and sweet 2022 edition


Again, the writing bug has hit me hard lately.  I use to love blogging and here lately it's been more of a slog.  Here is the short and sweet version of my week.  Been watching the Chili Bowl on FloRacing since we are now addicted to dirt racing, so get ready for some racing memes because I am so ready for race season now!


Mom and Tony's mom came down for a quick visit to deliver Christmas presents that couldn't be shipped and just stay hi.  Of course my mom spends most of her time cleaning my house.  She just can't help herself and I am NOT saying no :)  I am seriously going to kidnap her this time.  



Andrew finished the test to stay program and got his second Covid vaccine while I was brave and got my flu shot.  I am trying to show him that needles aren't that big of a deal when I myself am terrified of them.  It's a hard balance y'all!  We are trying to do our part but there are many in our community that have 0 interest in helping others and it's severely affecting my ability to be nice to said people.  Still looking for the part of the bible that says thou shalt not wear masks.  Still haven't found it.  



I did a hot buns run (10 minutes of running followed by 10 air squats, 10 jumping jacks, 10 rear lunges).  I love these runs and could see making different exercises part of the run and spicing it up.  I also walked 1 minute of the 10 minutes, but my pace was really good on the run part, so maybe I could call this a threshold run? I did a Thursday five miler and boy have I missed my five miles.  Five is just my sweet spot and I love a good 5 mile run.    I took Boom on the hot buns run minus Stella, and then took both for the five miler since all of the ice has melted and them pulling wouldn't matter.  We had snow and ice Friday night into Saturday, and honestly I should have gotten out or gotten on the mill Saturday, but I chose to hang out with my mom and work a puzzle instead and be lazy. #sorrynotsorry



The puzzle was only 300 pieces, but it was a bitch and we were determined to finish it.  It may look easy, but it was not let me assure you.  Mom summed it up nicely.  


We got a dusting of snow at best, but we got ice before the snow.  That meant running was a bit tough for my long run.  The roads were slick as snot and the gravel was fine with just some drifting.  I knew if I wore my ice spikes that running on the gravel would be painful, so I didn't wear anything and just prayed that I wouldn't fall for almost .75 of a mile until I got to gravel.  After walking pretty much the whole time I was on pavement trying not to fall,  I called Tony on my way back and told him to come and pick me up to avoid that situation again.  Luckily the sun was out and melting a lot of those ice patches by the time I got done for other runners who went later.


Have a great week y'all!  Dealing with more Covid issues that may drive me nuts.  Can I just become a hermit and home school my kid and live in a cabin in the woods till this blows over if it ever actually blows over.  Stay safe!
   




No comments:

Post a Comment