Monday, April 3, 2023

Normal, Nah

It's been a long week of working hard, getting better from this viral mess, and trying to figure out a new normal.  End of the month is always my busiest time as bills have to be paid, invoices have to be sorted for pay apps to contractors, and things like sales tax and benefits have to be calculated.  I don't mind the book work as long as I have some free time to go with it, but this week had zero free time.  We are still struggling as to what to do.  Tony can't do it all, his brother could possible do some, but then when would I train him, and there are several ladies that wouldn't mind working for us, but then we would have a stranger in our bank account and in our affairs and that scares me.  



I did get several runs in this week, just not on the days I had hoped.  Stella and I got a group run on Tuesday, a long run on Saturday, and a short recovery run on Sunday.  Stella is doing amazingly well, but we are going to keep mileage pretty low for now due to my work schedule and me wanting her with me since we have NO clue how long Boom is going to be out.  




Boom went in for sedated x rays and exam and they found nothing. This was my biggest fear.  While I didn't want to shell out a ton of money for surgery, not knowing what we are even dealing with is so tough.  He is on some pain meds and rest for 2 weeks and then we will re evaluate.  I have his chiro coming Monday to go over him and then we have a visit scheduled with a PT vet in KC mid month if we still need it.  I am not loving not having my boy with me and I know if it gets hotter, Stella won't be able to come as the heat really bothers her, so crossing my fingers this is a short lived soft tissue injury. 



After missing both sessions of track club this week, my running partner and I decided that I may not be able to help this year and that is okay.  This is why I love her because she gets it.  We are doing some big important experiments at my new job and I need to focus on work right now.  Trying to rush to get done to get over to the track to coach is too much.  I also need to be able to work at Coleman Electric if needed.  To be continued.  I hope I can help in some capacity.  Plus, I want little red to do more of the throwing sports this year.



Last but not least, I found this really cool old drafting table in a local antique store and purchased it for Andrew's room.  It fit's perfectly and I am excited to see him use it for his art work and for his lego building.  While he is struggling in school right now, art and music are his saviors and I want it to stay that way.  I know regular classes are not what makes him tick and his brain wants to live in a creative land yet we all have to do things we don't love or even like in life.  



Have a great week y'all!  Looking forward to more running with my favorite girl, some answers from the chiro with regards to Boom, and maybe some coaching time this week.




No comments:

Post a Comment