Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Yeah, so about that

Since I am writing this on Monday/Tuesda morning and I literally have 3 minutes before I need to get up, here are some of my favorite things from the week.



This kid.  Keeps me on my toes but I just love him.  Why does he look like a big kid now more and more?


All the glasses at work.  Slowly getting us to bifocals and not wanting to give up my Goodrs.  



Good ole Kanas wind.  Nothing like almost getting blown off of your feet due to 40 mph wind gusts. 


A chance to breath, have a good beer, and grill.  




Still injured but going to the rehab vet this week. Hoping for answers.  


3 runs this week.  Two 3s and a 6.  All I could muster working 2 jobs and being exhausted.  Two runs in 80 degree heat and one in feels like 34.  Go figure.  


The Tulip Festival in the wind and rain.  Still a great time.  Bring on the tasting tent!


And ending on the ending of the weekend.  To say I was dreading racing season is an understatement.  With all of the stress in my life right now, I don't need adults acting like idiots drama.  Before the day even came there was drama and I was so over it.  We have had little to no time to practice and even when we had free time, we wanted to spend it together doing fun things, not fussing at each other at the track.  We had no expectations of anything from the cars or my kiddo.  Usually by this time we have the cars dialed in and several practices under our belt to test and tune.  Tony didn't even fire up the cars till the night before at 7 pm....and one wouldn't start and the other would but had no brakes.  Sigh.  Tony stayed up all night working on the cars and was also sick.  Another deep sigh.  We showed up at the track with one car working and one with no brakes.  


We were very lucky in that we had a team of dads waiting to work on the car and get Andrew on the track.  There are good people in this world still that truly just want these kids to race and have fun.  Andrew had an amazing day finishing 2nd in both of his Sr Animal classes of only 3 cars, but still running his car hard and having great patterns.  He ran 2nd for quite a bit in Sr Honda in the heat and was headed for first when he made a pass on a restart (which you can't do) and caused himself to go back 2 spaces to finish 5th.  He could have passed the car in front of him but for whatever reason refused to.  Oh well, I like what I am seeing and am actually excited about racing now!


Have a great week y'all!












 




No comments:

Post a Comment