Monday, May 22, 2023

Emotionally?

 So many emotions this week.


Bittersweet


We had our first beginning band meeting and the band director played my trumpet.  While I still play occasionally, he has skill and plays regularly, and she sounded so beautiful.   Ready to hear my son embark on the band journey.  My journey as a band nerd brought me so many great friends and memories.  

Relieved


Relieved to hear from the rehab vet that it's just a strain and more than likely just his adductor in his hip.  We have lots of exercises, a weight loss plan to get off the few pounds he has put on, and a path moving forward.

Happy



Happy to see all of the color in my yard.  While a ton of my flowers died off and didn't come back this year (even the ones I planted last year that were perennials), my orange flowers from Tennessee always come back and always shine.  Plus, all of our prairie sage bloomed this year so it was the perfect mix of purple and orange.  

Lucky


Lucky to get two runs in this week with my old girly.  We did a 3 and a 7 together and Boom did a 4 before hearing no running for a bit longer.  

Excited!


Going to see the Chiefs play the day before my birthday at Arrowhead against the Eagles.  I splurged and got us really good tickets,  You only live once, right?



Grateful


Non race weekends mean family time.  So glad this kiddo still loves hanging out with me.  Coffee shops to eat his favorite quiche and then exploring at a new to us winery in Manhattan for ciders, bee swarms, and bocce ball.  

And finally, hopeful.


Since boom boom has to walk right now to strengthen things before we run, we are doing lots of family walks.  Plus, my hubby as some doctor's appointments scheduled so we can start figuring this whole mess out with his diabetes and blood sugar.

Have a great week y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment