Monday, May 8, 2023

Summer....Already?


This was the first week we tried to get three reps in of our big experiment in one week.  To say I am exhausted is an understatement after several 11 and 12 hour days, but who doesn't love OT on their paycheck?  We will get results of our Friday experiment tomorrow, but the first two weeks are looking amazing.  Plus, add in the end of the month/beginning of the month at Coleman Electric and while I have given up all of my other duties, I am still paying bills and keeping up with supply invoicing and payments, plus sales tax reporting. Add into that, we had meetings at the middle school, which honestly slightly terrified and excited me.  He will start band this year on my trumpet that I played all through school.  He gets some electives, some labs to help him with math and English,  and a much freer-er time at lunch (can sit with whomever he wants instead of by class).  I think he will love it, but he he is a little scared of all of the changes and has already asked to repeat 5th grade.  Uh that is a big nope.  



We celebrated Stella's 12th birthday.  May the fourth be with you!  Still running 3 times a week as long as the weather allows it.  Which was only once this week thanks to summer joining the party and 90 degree days.  Sigh.  We just don't have seasons anymore here in Kansas. 

How about some things I loved last week?  This single tulip in our yard that bloomed.  


This book. I cried so many tears for her.  Finished and passed on to another mother runner.  Now reading Lauren Fleshman's book.


Splurged on a goody box from Chewy for Stella.  She approved.


Little red using his new drafting table I found at the antique store and finishing his dad's b day present!


Friday night in downtown manhattan with pizza and beer.


Local craft vendors that make super cute stuff!


KSU football camp with the KSU football players, head coach, and WILLIE THE WILDCAT!



Plant therapy.  At least with succulents maybe I won't kill them?


Things I am not loving though, no spring.  Straight to summer temps and summer humidity, which means earlier morning running and no dogs.  No thank you.


Have a great spring like week where ever you are!
























No comments:

Post a Comment