Sunday, March 3, 2024

A week of fun before a week of fun?

Look at me being all head of the game and stuff :)  Not really, just killing time between running and starting my day.  I have a ton of work at the house and at Coleman Electric and I am just procrastinating all the way around.  Shhhh....Don't tell my boss.



This has been a weird week.  From 80s to freezing cold and snow and back to 80s.  What is going on Mother Nature?  Please take your meds, please!  I have missed the cold even though I do enjoy just running in a tank and shorts.  I have recently purchased some new tanks for my work out class and I can't wait to try them out on the road.  


I also felt kind of off all week health wise.  Everyone in the lab was fighting off some sort of bug and we all have degrees of stomach issues/sniffles/sore throats/coughs.  We also had another round of Covid exposure.  Is this ever going to end?  I woke up one morning and had some stomach issues and then slept for 4 hours, missing work. I need that precious PTO since we only earn 4 hours every paycheck.  Sigh.  My next job will have sick leave AND PTO.  



I got 3 runs in this week.  Nothing really cool or special.  Just runs, when I needed them, how long I needed them.  Everyone asks what I am training for.  Nothing.  Just having a good time doing what I love and what Boom loves.  Not loving this early heat.  If I could run in 30s-40s year around, I would love it!  I will note that I did run back to back to back, something I haven't done without significant pain in a long time.  I credit this all to doing classes twice a week and am very thankful that the strength training is helping.  





We took a special trip Saturday to one of my favorite little Kansas towns, Council Grove.  They have a super cute down town area complete with coffee shops, antique stores, an amazing independent book store, and a brewery.  We remembered this time to go down a little bit earlier so we could get in the antique shops and look around.  We bought books, bought a stuffed dog that looked like a red tri aussie, and ended the night with some good beers.  Please dear lottery gods, I need to win so I can open up my own tasting room here in Wamego.  Not a bar though, a tasting room!




Have a great week y'all!  I may not be running or working out much due to our upcoming trip but I am sure we will get our steps in seeing the sights of Chicago!

Sunday we headed to Manhattan to soak up the sun and drive and hike around Tuttle looking for eagles.  Sadly, we saw none but we did spend a great day together soaking up some vitamin D.  



No comments:

Post a Comment