Sunday, March 24, 2024

Yeesh.

This week was one busy week.  Concerts, fundraisers, meetings, and OT at work.  I only got one short run in and one work out in.  Ready to get back at it next week.



My motto.  You can't take it with you when you die.  Trying to live a full life and expose my kiddo to all kinds of things and let him do the things he loves.  This week I took him to his first acapella concert and post concert, they showed Pitch Perfect, one of my guilty pleasure movies.  


Our old theater in downtown Manhattan is going to do a series of fundraisers and show "old movies" and by old movies I mean Back to the Future and Princess Bride, basically 80s stuff.  They sell dollar popcorn and beer so I am totally in.  Plus, I don't mind reliving my child hood.  We didn't have streaming everything so we saw most if not all of these movies at the theater.  


We also had the biggest fundraiser of the year for our track.  It's always a big stressful time for me because I want people to be happy and have a great experience at our track and there is only so much I can control.  We had a record 80 runs this year and a full sign up that even with people dropping out, we had enough walk ups to fill the in.  I think of all of the people we got through, only two people walked away unhappy and I will take it.  While their unhappiness did kill me (kids wouldn't fit in the cars we had there that day), the happiness of others made me so freaking happy.  We stand to gain about 5 new families just from that one event and raised probably a couple thousand dollars between drives, hats, t shirts, and concessions.  


We had yet another band concert and I was blown away by how much improvement we saw.  I honestly don't remember our 6th grade band making that much improvement in a year.  I seriously want to buy him another trumpet so I can have mine back so we can play together.  


And I will close on this.  I had some amazing beer and company this weekend. Friday I met some wrestling families downtown and watched some NCAA wrestling and then Saturday post fundraiser I went with one of my favorite track families and had beer, sandy snacks, and listened to a band.  While my cup was running a little empty, amazing friends fill it up every time and i am blessed.  

Have a great week y'all!










No comments:

Post a Comment