Sunday, April 17, 2022

Week 12: RACE WEEK

 WE MADE IT!  Of course not without Kansas trying to throw some major curveballs at us and derail our week.  First we had an 85 degree day without any heat acclimation at all and 55 mph wind gusts. 

 



Then we had snow and freezing temps all within 24 hours of each other.  I was suppose to run Monday and Tuesday and again, weather and time just didn't work for me.  I finally got a four miler on Wednesday and called it good enough.  



With spring sports starting and me coaching/shuttling my own kid around, I am going to have to start going to bed at 8 or 9 so I can start getting up at 4 am again.  Not looking forward to it, but it will have to be.  It's kind of like dieting, it sucks at first, but then it gets easier once I get in the habit.



Towards the end of the week I started not feeling so great.  Just super tired even though I was sleeping good and having stomach issues.  I started taking all of the things to try and get ahead of whatever could be brewing.  Lots of Liquid IV, Tums, and CBD at night.  My body also decided that maybe I needed to start my period a week and a half early since I had been around others starting their period.  I forgot how fickle my body is when I am around other women who still have periods.  Sigh.  


I'm going to write a recap of the race so stay tuned.  It started out amazing and my body decided it was done at mile 25.  I am SO thankful for my running partner for making me finish even though I really wanted to throw in the towel at the last manned aid station.  We power walked the last 6 and still got done in a decent amount of time.  More later.  


Have a great week y'all!  






No comments:

Post a Comment