Tuesday, May 24, 2022

3 Runs Then Fun

It was a 3 run week with short runs but I will take it. I am having a heck of a time getting my new Saucony Triumphs broken in. I am really not sure why.  They are the same make and model of my old Triumphs, so not sure what gives.  I am having horrible heel pain on one foot and back and IT band issues on the other.  Makes running not so much fun but the more I run in them the better it gets.  I guess I just need to suffer through a little bit longer?



Supposedly part of my running route is going to open up, but then a major part to get to the gravel is going to close.  I am so ready for all of this road work to be done and there to be 0 traffic again on the gravel.  I will have to take a route through neighborhoods and that means lose dogs.  Sigh.  Oh well, it shouldn't be for too long I hope.  It will also effect my driving path into town and to our house meaning we will have to once again go out on the main highway which I hate.  There have been SO many wrecks lately on Highway 24 that it makes me super nervous to even drive on it in Wamego.  


The week started out super hot again with highs in the 90s, but no heat indexes in the 100s.  Whew.  Boom was not allowed on one of my runs due to heat, but he got to come on the others where it was a tiny bit cooler.  We really need to start getting up but the dang humidity is so high at 4 and 5 am that it's worse than the heat for both boom and I.  


Stella also got to come with on one run after we had a significant cool down.  She had her monthly chiro appointment and was very ouchy from not running, so I have to get her back in somehow for short runs.  I feel ya girl, right now I am doing super low mileage and I feel like I am falling the F apart.  



I made a couple of Tik Toks.  Don't judge me LOL!  It was fun. I follow a lot of aussie owners and they do these all of the time so why not. In fact the hashtag I created #runyouraussoff has quite the following on TT!



The weekend was taken up with a 2 race.  It was so refreshing to have fun, eat and relax with friends and have a great race experience.  We were missing a couple of families that usually race due to national races coming up which made for smaller races but still we had 7 or 8 kids in every class and new rookies starting.  The ginger racer started off a little slow but managed a 4th place finish in Sr Honda and a 5th place finish in Sr Animal with some smoking times and some great confidence.  We boarded the boy dogs and brought Stella with us and she was amazing all weekend.


Have a great week y'all!









No comments:

Post a Comment