Sunday, January 13, 2019

The last week of the in between!

First off, welcome to all the new readers I am getting due to linking up with HoHo runs and Wendy at Taking the Long Way Home.  If you are interested, I have an about me page and my favorite gear pages for both you and your dog!  I blog about running with your pups and life in general, so WELCOME!!!  I am not use to all of the comments and it is kind of fun to actually have comments. I have been blogging for almost 10 years on my various blogs I have had about dogs and life, and am just now getting comments :)  I also can be found on FB at Running With Reds or on Instagram as Redaussie3 and on Twitter as Redaussie31.  I don't really use Twitter, so don't expect a lot from that account, but I do LOVE posting pictures on Instagram!  Last week before training starts and I am ready mentally.  Body, hold it together because here we go!

loving wrestling pictures this year!
Monday:  My first official Cross Fit class!  I was up around 2 am due to the hubby coughing and some crazy dreams I had.  We watched I Feel Pretty last night with Amy Shummer and I think the parts about Soul Cycle were stuck in my head (how crowded and crazy it was).  I dreamed that I got to Cross Fit class and got my bar and rack and then someone stole it.  Then there weren't any plates left to do the lifting we needed to do.  Then my coach loaded me into her truck and took this weird off road drive to a track where we had to line up for some sort of motion control (green screen weirdness) suits and then we were going to do some sort of sprints on a track.  I luckily woke up before the sprinting, but it was a WEIRD dream!

Fast forward to the class, I was super nervous to be joining, since I still feel like I have SO much to learn even though this is my 3rd month of Cross Fit. Plus, I have a weird over thinking brain, so something that is super simple to others takes me forever to get.  Easy stuff like hand positions on the PVC pipe in warm up throws me for a loop sometimes.  Anyway, my BRF Mel was there to help me and to be a guide, and we even ended up sharing a rack because there were so many in class today.  That really helped me as we piggy backed our weights and times.  Mondays are squat day and while I really wanted to do CF on Tuesdays to fit my schedule better, squat days give me the most bang for my buck.  I am going to experiment and see how trashed my legs are running post CF, and just go from there.  I think with the 4:1 intervals, I should be okay, but only time will tell.  I won't know till I try right?


Tuesday: Easy run. I decided to try an experiment. Even though I knew I would be a little fatigued in the leg department, i decided to try an easy run with the 4:1 interval just to see what i felt like.  If I felt too fatigued or too sore, I would have my answer, run in the morning and Cross Fit in the evening same day.  While I was a little sore, I felt like the run went okay.  It's suppose to be an easy run anyway, and it was, so mission accomplished.  I did see an EAGLE!  I had seen him or her from a distance previously, but this is the first time I actually got a good picture!  I almost didn't come down this part of my route because i figured I would just run 4 miles, but something urged me to run 5 that day, so I turned down this route and was super stoked to see this big boy or girl!


I was able to quietly walk by and snap a few pictures.  I was so excited, but alas, he or she flew away.  I was hoping he or she might be back on the pole when I came back through, but he or she was not :(

Wednesday:  DAY OFF!  Y'all I take my rest days seriously, like a BOSS.  Of course resting doesn't take into account laundry, dishes, and running my kiddo around, but those are minor details, Right?!

#crazyeyes
Thursday:  Easy run day and Cross Fit.  Last week of easy runs and i am going to enjoy them.  It was cold, but beautiful, and I tried my 4:1s again.   No bald eagles this time, but lots of geese carcasses indicating they had been out there for sure!

I also had Cross Fit, but this time just a private training session, not a class. I have two more sessions left, and I am really going to miss them when they are done.  I love working one on one with Coach Erin, but am glad she teaches classes too.  We worked on a dead-lift series working high rep to low rep with low to high weight. I am not sure what my max was but my last sets were at 113 lbs and I could definitely tell that weight was getting super challenging.  My WOD was a 100 ft sled pull (can't remember how much weight, but coach kept piling on), 12 bench presses with just the bar, and 100 ft 65 lb sandbag carry.  I had 3 minutes per set and let me tell you, I only had about a 30 second rest in between sets (5 sets total).  It was an amazing work out and I loved it!  I always feel SO strong when I get done!  Since Erin works with me one on one, we sat and talked about upcoming classes and programming.  While I would like to do Tuesday and Thursday classes in the afternoons to avoid getting up early, Mondays and Wednesday's strength portions are more what I need as a runner.  Mondays are squats and Wednesdays are dead-lifts and will be as we move through this current cycle of programming.  Based on that, I am going to try to do Cross fit on M and W (am, hello 4:00 am) and run T/Th and Sat/Sun.  That would give me Fridays as a day off to rest and recover.  I have always tried to work out on the days I run, so this will be new to me and I may have to adjust if my legs aren't feeling rested enough.

practicing baseball! Stop growing!!!
Friday:  Rest day.  I can't wait till it is warm enough or less windy enough to bike outside again!  One of my favorite people is moving back to Wamego and is going to live at the end of my street, and we are going to bike as much as possible!!!!  We use to bike all the time when she lived here previously and I just can't wait.  Biking on the trainer just isn't the same.


Saturday:  Rest day.  Last week of only 3 day a week runs and i am soaking it up.   We got dumped on with some seriously wet and slick snow, and my hubby had an emergency trip to one of the plants he services so little man and I just cuddled up in our pjs and watched movies and did fun stuff all day.  We were entered in a wrestling tournament, but they canceled it due to the weather, and I am glad we didn't have to make the decision. The KC Chiefs were also in the playoffs, and even though we aren't technically Chiefs fans (my brother played for the Denver Broncos for years), we cheered for them and partied it up for them.

Sunday:  CaniCross USA meet-up and longish run.  I had originally planned the virtual run on Saturday, but with the mention of bad weather the night before and day of,  AND the fact that I had entered Andrew in a tournament late on the same day (major mom brain), we had moved it from it's original day of Saturday to Sunday and to a paved trail.


We had four dog runners and 2 that showed up without dogs who we welcomed!  I will do a separate post about our meet up. I am so excited to start this in our area and meet new dog runners!  We had decided to do 6 miles, but everyone quickly left me and I was by myself the entire run, so decided to head out to Eagle point and try and see some eagles just in case.  It's super hard to spot bald eagles with so much snow on the trees, so didn't see any, but Stella and i had so much fun exploring Tuttle and Rocky Ford again!  


I am doing a link up with some amazing ladies!  Check out Wendy from Taking the long Way Home and HoHo runs and all of the other great blogs in the link up.  You won't be disappointed!


8 comments:

  1. I get nervous before a new class or a run to somewhere different too. I also get weird anxiety dreams like that as well. WE are a unique bunch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when I did dog agility I had dreams that the course was under water or I had to repel during the run with my dog! It was always something really crazy!

      Delete
  2. The snow you got over the weekend looks so pretty! We didn't get any snow here in CT but it as just super cold and windy!

    Congrats on your first official cross fit class! I know so many runners the do cross fit and they absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope it works! I suck at strength training on my own so hoping the cost of it motivates me to stick with it. So far I am loving it but I think that is because i have amazing coaches!

      Delete
  3. I am totally an over-thinker, too. I think it's my #artgeek brain...I can visualize a lot of things in 3D, so I'm always trying to see things (literally and symbolically) from every angle to better understand what's happening. Also, although I am not a licensed psychologist, I took several classes in college (Sociology minor) so I over-analyze things people say and do, almost to the extreme. It's a good thing I'm a runner because I need all that time on the road to process all this stuff LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wish I could turn it off sometimes though and just DO!

      Delete
  4. Great eagle photo. As a NYG fan, that kind of Eagle is the only one I like. That's awesome that your brother played for the Broncos
    I feel you on the weird dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you're getting lots of hits from the link up. That's the whole point. I've met so many awesome people through my blog. Also glad that you're loving CF. I only go once a week but it's a double workout!

    I didn't know your brother played for the Broncos! What position? They just hired our defensive coach to be the head coach.

    ReplyDelete